hi i just rejisterd. i'm from east sussex

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

blue4dolphin
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2006, 9:50 am

hi

just wanted to say hi to everyone. i am 25 and live in east sussex in the UK. i was diagnosed with high functioning AS a year ago.
i am at college doing an access course in nursing and health professions and hope to go to uni in september. i work partime at a special needs school.

i enjoy swimming reading, computers, arts and crafts and many other things.

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Apr 2006, 11:04 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet! I also enjoy swimming. I used to do it competitively. 8)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 11:34 am

Hello there im 24 originally from Hertfordshire north of London

Im a learning disabilty nurse student doing my trainning up at Sheffield university and my last placement was a special needs school

I was diagnosed high function autistic/Asperger in 1992 by Professor Patricia Howlin at St Georges hospital in London

Glad to see another aspie joining the nursing profession I hope. If you ever apply to the NMC to do trainning on the application form it will ask if your asperger or not by marking a T on the form. That's was my doing, it protects you from discrimination in nurse trainning after the crap I recieved from my last course.

Being a brit i should also recomend you check out the aspievillage site as they are relaunching Aspietalk which was a very popular uk based asperger community before it shutdown last summer

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2006, 11:55 am

hiya,

welcome to WP.

i can't swim, am petrified of water.

jammie

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 12:56 pm

hello! :D

i'm stuck in the boring old midlands, though i have fond memories of east sussex. my grandparents used to live near Brighton so when i was a child we'd go down there a few times a year for a nice holiday by the sea :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 1:47 pm

Hullo and welcome to WrongPlanet. Hope you like spending time in our community.

I'm Lancashire-based, myself. :)

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 3:08 pm

Hey welcome to WP. As from tomorrow I will be Manchester based. I also like to swim, I used to do long distance swimming and got a lifesaving qualification some years ago. I'm still trying to get the hang of computers though as my new job requires it.

baby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2006, 3:15 pm

wow, ok just to continue the list of counties we have here, i'm in sunny essex at the mo, just on the borders of hertfordshire

baby

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 6:54 pm

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!