Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Grigori
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

Now, I'm going to initially present some information that may at first seem blatantly falsified or otherwise the product of sickening distortion, however this information is correct. I am a 6 year old individual, and I have Asperger's syndrome. With these next few sentences, I do not wish to develop the pretense that I am either arrogant nor that I am satisfied with my accomplishments up to this point. They are merely placed here in order to give you some semblance of who I am, and why I came here.
I was born into a relatively normal family to a loving father and mother, both of who are neurotypical, and 3 neurotypical older siblings. I was immediately recognized as different from the others in that my development of cognitive ability was decidedly rapid from most any perspective. I began to read and write within a year of my birth and came to possess a high degree of familiarity with all academic subjects by the time I was 5 years of age. 5 was the nearly mythical time at which I found my primary love in life, and that is numbers. I progressed rapidly though the high school curriculum and at this point have developed exemplary understanding of multivariable calculus alongside numerous other fields such as number theory and topology. I am here in order to communicate my interests and discoveries to other individuals who are not NTs and to hopefully develop some intellectual discourse among my fellow Aspergians.

Best wishes,
Grigori.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 9:58 pm

Grigori Perelman, winner of the Field medal for mathematics?

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 6:58 am

Welcome!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 10:45 am

Nice to meet you, Grigori - and welcome greetings to the WP community.

Euclid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2010, 1:38 pm

Hello and welcome to WP Grigori.

Euclid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2010, 1:38 pm

Hello and welcome to WP Grigori.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Jun 2010, 2:14 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Grigori
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2010, 2:14 pm

Well, I did indeed derive my name from Dr. Pereleman, however it is clear that due to our age difference we are not the same individual. Are there any other individuals who possess accelerated cognitive development here?

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 2:16 pm

Grigori wrote:
Well, I did indeed derive my name from Dr. Pereleman,

That's what I had thought.

Quote:
Are there any other individuals who possess accelerated cognitive development here?

Yes.

Grigori
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2010, 2:19 pm

As you can notice, I'm rather young, so pardon me if my conversation isn't particularly deep. I'm just trying to see if we have any other youths such as myself because I just can't relate to any my age.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 2:22 pm

Grigori wrote:
As you can notice, I'm rather young, so pardon me if my conversation isn't particularly deep. I'm just trying to see if we have any other youths such as myself because I just can't relate to any my age.

The profoundly gifted almost never can relate to others their age . . . or any age. A stratospheric I.Q. is more than just "intelligence plus intelligence plus intelligence." There are qualitative differences in the upper reaches of the bell curve that inhibit free and easy interaction with other humans. Add asperger's to that and the statistical probability of finding someone with whom one can relate well is zero.

Last edited by Sparrowrose on 26 Jun 2010, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grigori
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2010, 2:23 pm

I'm curious if I would be considered a prodigious savant or not. Not trying to be self important, I just need help understanding my self.

Euclid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2010, 2:23 pm

Grigori wrote:

You might look at the 'stats' section of WP. That would give you some idea of the age profile of the membership. As I remember it, a majority of people here are in their late teens to late 20s .

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 2:35 pm

Grigori wrote:
I'm curious if I would be considered a prodigious savant or not. Not trying to be self important, I just need help understanding my self.

You haven't done research on it yet? I have an entire file drawer of articles about giftedness, particularly profound giftedness, and its effects on a person. I'm obsessed with "me-search."

There's a LOT of research and data on giftedness out there, easily available without university access.

Grigori
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2010, 6:24 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
Grigori wrote:

You haven't done research on it yet? I have an entire file drawer of articles about giftedness, particularly profound giftedness, and its effects on a person. I'm obsessed with "me-search."

There's a LOT of research and data on giftedness out there, easily available without university access.

I regret to say that I have not done much research. However I suppose that one of the best communities to ask about such subjects is the autistic community.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 6:57 pm

Grigori wrote:
Sparrowrose wrote:
Grigori wrote:

I regret to say that I have not done much research. However I suppose that one of the best communities to ask about such subjects is the autistic community.

The best place to look is at primary sources in academic research. Some research gets talked about here but mostly what you'll find on Wrong Planet is emotional support and "corner bar style chit chat."

I highly recommend digging into the research; there have been some fascinating discoveries in the last twenty years. I'm sure you'll be engrossed. Doubly so, since it's so much more fascinating to research personal topics.