Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jodel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Nov 2010, 8:28 am

Okay. I'm still pretty new here and have posted a few things. My name is Jodi and I live in Florida. I have a 5 year old daughter who was recently diagnosed as Asperger's and ADHD, inattentive type. My younger who is 4 seems to be completely normal. Funny, quick whited, affectionate and outgoing. I too am an Aspie, although I have developed a lot of coping mechanisms in my 37 years of life. I still have social anxieties and a lot of quirks. I have a very vivid imagination and can and do lose myself within it. I am an artist and love to mural, work with charcoals and write stories that I never let anyone read. I can appear to others as aloof even when I'm doing my best to be friendly. Or, I can be over the top and spark up friendships with eager people who turn out to be nut jobs. I've been married for 15 years and we have our problems, mostly due to my Aspergers and his ADD. We work fairly well together otherwise and tolerate about each other most normal people couldn't. My youngest child may end up being ADHD, but we'll manage. It's not easy to tell at this point because she's only 4. I'm grateful for these discussions, it's lets me know that I'm not alone in this world and that there are so many interesting people out there who work more the way I do. I wish there were a better way to find out how to start a small support type group here in my section of florida for people like us. I'm so glad we have a place to gather online!

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 9:05 am

Welcome!

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 9:47 am

Hello and welcome to WrongPlanet Jodel :)

See you around on the forums!

Shadi

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 10:59 am

Welcome to WP

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 11:00 am

Welcome Jodi.