[Insert witty and intelligent seeming greeting]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AnnaBuhl
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Mar 2011, 6:05 pm

Okay so I thought I should introduce myself before I start basking in the forums…

I’m an 18 year old female from Denmark, named Anna, who currently suffers from a rather depressing depression… I haven’t been able to go to school for a while but I’m generally a rather positive person so I’ll get back on the horse soon enough…

I was diagnosed with “mild” Asperger’s (I seriously don’t know what that means…) about a year ago after having gone through an EEG, a MRI and several sessions with a psychiatrist.
I hate people saying that I have “mild” AS because the general reaction I get is “oh… isn’t Asperger the diagnosis that’s really easy to get… a lot of people have gotten it without actually having Asperger”… thank you for just saying that I was wrongly diagnosed… very subtle...
Because of the word "mild" my parents don’t even think it can be a real issue… well the depression says otherwise, I’d say…
I have passive Asperger not mild Asperger. I’m more polite than my peers and even more than my “old-fashioned” parents and I generally only speak when spoken to.

Anyway… enough bitter talk…

My “big interest” is a rather blurry subject. When I was I kid I thought people was born with the ability to read minds and I was the only one who couldn’t… It caused a lot of paranoia and I thought there was this big secret that everyone was in on, except me. It felt like everyone was laughing behind my back…
So if you can’t read minds, what do you do? Read body language… which I suck at…
I have always been called a listener, but I think I’m more of a watcher, I have therefore, over the years, gotten better at reading body language though it is still far from perfect…
So my interests are basically: language (body language and source code included, though not learned...), philosophy and psychology.
Well… now I’ll go be annoying in the forum unless I can get the chat to work… do people even use it??

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 6:09 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 6:25 pm

Welcome, and stuffies ;)

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 6:54 pm

AnnaBuhl wrote:
Okay so I thought I should introduce myself before I start basking in the forums…

I’m an 18 year old female from Denmark, named Anna, who currently suffers from a rather depressing depression… I haven’t been able to go to school for a while but I’m generally a rather positive person so I’ll get back on the horse soon enough…

I was diagnosed with “mild” Asperger’s (I seriously don’t know what that means…) about a year ago after having gone through an EEG, a MRI and several sessions with a psychiatrist.
I hate people saying that I have “mild” AS because the general reaction I get is “oh… isn’t Asperger the diagnosis that’s really easy to get… a lot of people have gotten it without actually having Asperger”… thank you for just saying that I was wrongly diagnosed… very subtle...
Because of the word "mild" my parents don’t even think it can be a real issue… well the depression says otherwise, I’d say…
I have passive Asperger not mild Asperger. I’m more polite than my peers and even more than my “old-fashioned” parents and I generally only speak when spoken to.

Anyway… enough bitter talk…

My “big interest” is a rather blurry subject. When I was I kid I thought people was born with the ability to read minds and I was the only one who couldn’t… It caused a lot of paranoia and I thought there was this big secret that everyone was in on, except me. It felt like everyone was laughing behind my back…
So if you can’t read minds, what do you do? Read body language… which I suck at…
I have always been called a listener, but I think I’m more of a watcher, I have therefore, over the years, gotten better at reading body language though it is still far from perfect…
So my interests are basically: language (body language and source code included, though not learned...), philosophy and psychology.
Well… now I’ll go be annoying in the forum unless I can get the chat to work… do people even use it??

That sounds a lot like me. I have the same interests, and now I'm excellent at reading people. I'm 22 now, and when I was 18 I was mostly clueless.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 7:45 pm

Welcome!

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 7:46 pm

[Insert witty and intelligent seeming welcome]

CockneyRebel
Veteran