Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Readaholic
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2011, 8:36 am

New here, although I have been lurking for a while. You guys have given me a lot of insight, and if I didn't find this forum I would probably still be confused. My son B just turned 8 this week. He has an unofficial diagnosis of Aspergers from our local pediatrician that will be confirmed/or not this summer by a team at a hospital specialized in this down in Toronto this summer. The wait lists up here are very long. In the last 4 years they have flipped back and forth between B being ADHD, then he's not, or PDD-NOS,/not PDD-NOS then they just tell us well he's very complex. In a nutshell, he's really smart-couple years ahead in math and reading from a very young age, very fast learner-visual and tends to just figure things out on his own some how, he taught himself how to use a computer at about 2 and a half years old and would watch people type their passwords and memorize it to log into their accounts, very immature, is social-however very awkward, completely obsessed with computer and video games and very skilled at that also, anxiety, very detail oriented but misses the big picture. He hates loud sharp pitched sounds, he has a quick hot temper and can't seem to conform to rules in a classroom especially, which is why I am currently homeschooling him. He has 3 fantastic sisters who are very patient and protective of him, and I think that has probably helped him socially as well (they often have friends over and our house gets pretty chaotic!!)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 6:18 pm

Welcome!

CockneyRebel
Veteran