Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

boxxarom
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2011, 8:30 pm

Im Tim, a 22 yo self diagnosed aspergers. Im too scared/ashamed to get tested or anything....not that it matters, does it?
I first realized something was wrong after viewing a home video of myself. The way I was acting didn't fit the "mental picture" I had of myself. I thought I was acting normal. Funny to be exact, but what I saw in the video was me yelling at my sister, in a not too comical sort of way.....
There's also a video of me in the first grade getting interviewed about our favorite books and subjects ect. You see all the kids answering their questions smiling and blushing. Then you get to me, once again thinking I was acting like all the other kids. Instead it's me with a bland and expressionless look on my face answering the questions. I stick out like a sore thumb = /
Of course I also have stories of getting "caught in my world". Daydreaming, walking around, acting out what's in my head. Only to snap back to reality and find the cable guy with his jaw dropped = / Most of the time it's just simple daydreaming though.
I have trouble carrying on a conversation. )Unless Im writing, when I have time to really lay my thoughts out. Iv always been fairly decent in English class!) = )
I could go on about all the things I can relate about people with aspergers, but there's one thing in particular that I can't relate too. Even though my facial expressions and the way I articulate myself through emotions and language is flawed, I can read other peoples emotions just fine. I always have been. When someone's sad I feel bad for them, even if I don't know them. When someone's irritated, I know it. So on and so forth.
Maybe someone could take a guess, or maybe even have an answer for me?
No matter what, Im not going to a Doctor or Psychologist! Im staying in my nice safe shop and working on my cars, thank you very much! haha Help would be appreciated though = )

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

Welcome to the board. I hope you can start to feel better about your condition, and get help if you need it.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 3:29 am

Welcome.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 6:11 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet, Tim!

You will not stick out like a sore thumb here, I guarantee
Hope you enjoy your stay here :)