Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

feliscatus
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2011, 9:23 pm

Hello, all, I'm new, been looking over this site and replied in a couple posts, so this is not my absolute first post, but is the first time I ever started a thread or topic, which is the right term for it. My name is Laura. I am 54 and married. I live in the United States. My hobbies include the internet, variety puzzles, books, mini golf, bowling, playing pool, and being out in the woods or country in nice weather. When I feel like hearing music, I like world music, zydeco, didgeridoo, etc., some rock and pop, and old country-western, and big bands. My favorite TV channel is TrueTV. For books or movies, I can't generalize, it depends on the book or movie and my mood. I have been diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder for a long time, plus recurrent major depression. I seriously believe I have AS since I have read all I can find on it and Schizoid does not explain nearly enough for me. I have never gone for screening for developmental disorders. When I was diagnosed with schizoid, it was over 30 years ago, part of psych and med screenings I had to do for another purpose, I did not seek testing on my own.I always knew all kinds of things were different with me, everything way too hard in spite of seemingly able body and bright mind. Just about everything I have read about AS and dyspraxias feels like Bingo! that's me. I dress casually, prefer loose, soft things, but to sleep I prefer a cool room and to be wrapped in the covers like a purrito. Am on disability and between part-time jobs. I came to this site to learn and share experiences as part of a lifelong quest to make sense of life. I have been a Christian a long time, still learning to have a close relationship with the Lord and do whatever He wants me to, because in the end that is the only thing that has meaning and that will last forever. Really enjoyed Greenturtle's cartoon guide, will show it to my husband for his benefit and his relatives who wonder what's up with me. Noticed a forum for adults like my age, next time I'm here I'll check it out, though I like all ages. I don't shut down on four-letter words and such, I just look at the context of what someone is saying. Hope this isn't too long. :cheese:

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 6:57 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet, Laura!

It wasn't too long ;)
Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

feliscatus
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2011, 1:38 pm

Thanks, I will!

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

Hello,

Don't worry, you're not the first person to stop by this site, read through some posts and think, "wait a minute, I think I see this person every few days in the mirror..." Welcome to WrongPlanet.