Hello! I was recently diagnosed with Aspergers, im 12.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

brannonc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2012, 9:19 pm

Hello, my name is Clayton. I just made an account because I was recently diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. *Flashback*. About this time a year ago, I went to counseling because of peer issues in school, and my counselor suggested to my parents that I had Aspergers Syndrome. They never told me and they also ignored it. About 9-10 months ago, in August 2011, I had to do a school report on the London Eye Mystery book. The main character had Aspergers and I thought he sounded a lot like me, so I learned some more about AS and took a test to see if I had it. The test said I definitely had Aspergers, and it had a few categories: Bi Polar, Neurotypical, Autism, Aspergers, and like BPD or something. It told me I had Aspergers. Oh, by the way, my mom has Bi Polar, which is genetically linked to Aspergers. So I asked my parents if i had it in around december and they first explained what happened with my old counselor and then scheduled an appointment with a psychologist to see if I had it. I went there for a month, every friday i got out of half of school to eat taco cabana and go to the psychologist and a month later he diagnosed me with it. Now, before I was diagnosed with AS i was about to be put in home school, but after, my school administrators quickly changed things up (now, now, im not stupid, i am in AP classes and make 99's on my report cards while i never studied a day in my life, and I am also being currently hired by apple, yes hired, because my dad knows them, to start a company or at least a DBA and write software for them; and the school troubles are only social, so trust me, IM NOT STUPID) and all my parents are doing is filing a 504, which i hope will help. So yeah, and there is a lot more but I don't wanna keep yackin on forever. My twitter is @ClaytonABrannon follow for all the latest tech and software, apps, etc. news and aspergers stuff. Thank you! Im open to all comments!

budgenator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2012, 10:34 pm

congratulations on your diagnosis and welcome to WP

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 5:58 am

Welcome!

brannonc
Emu Egg