Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

NHASPIE629
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2012, 10:53 pm

Just found out a few months ago that I have aspergers. Kind of annoying all the crap I had to go through in my 24 years but it's nice finally having answers. Once I was diagnosed events that I could recall from my past suddenly made a hell of a lot more sense to me.

But anyway. I'm Brian. Happy to finally find a place where I can fit in.

GetBusy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Oct 2012, 1:28 am

Hi,
New myself, I know how you feel about finally feeling you fit in and about explaining so much about what has gone before. But in my case had a lot more time to feel Cr*p and confused.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD

NHASPIE629
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 5:33 pm

Thanks. I've been doing a lot of learning about aspergers and now I'm starting to believe my 3 year old might be displaying some early symptoms. If it's true and he is like me then I want to be proactive to help him growing up. I'm hoping he won't have it as rough as I did when I was only classified as having ADHD and an emotional handicap. Never had any issues paying attention but that's what the doctor's said.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 6:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 7:34 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 7:54 pm

NHASPIE629 wrote:
Thanks. I've been doing a lot of learning about aspergers and now I'm starting to believe my 3 year old might be displaying some early symptoms. If it's true and he is like me then I want to be proactive to help him growing up. I'm hoping he won't have it as rough as I did when I was only classified as having ADHD and an emotional handicap. Never had any issues paying attention but that's what the doctor's said.

I'm sure your prospective on life will help your son. He'll need someone to fill in the "NT role model" in his life, but society is chockfull of NTs, and not a lot of people with an ASD.

NHASPIE629
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 9:48 pm

Thanks. btw emimeni could you send me links to some of those aspergers tests that you have listed. I took a couple and they both said aspergers. The one I remember said 15 as NT and anything above a 30 was aspergers. I got like a 39 or something on that. I'd like to take them again though.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 11:39 pm

The links are here: Autism "tests"