Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Azureth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2013, 4:25 am

I'm very happy to have found this site. The truth is as far back as I can remember I've always felt "different" compared to my peers and have never really fit in anywhere. Try as I might, when I would try to fit in or be social it always back-fired and would usually make the problem worse. I am 27 now and have yet to really have any friends, let alone girlfriends.

I certainly understand the obvious stuff like constantly hitting on them, talking perverted, etc. etc. but I do not do any of that. It's just really frustrating because it's as if there is just something I'm not "getting" and I have no idea why I seemingly give off this "woman repellant". Socializing in general has always been a huge hurdle for me, but the fact that I seem to "weird" and "creep out" girls so often is completely baffling considering I don't condone, much less partake in the usual suspects that most women in general would be turned off by. Even when I've hung around guys they've done things to girls that *I* would consider creepy or weird yet the girls will just laugh about it or just go with it. It all just makes things so confusing.

When I heard about Asperger's and looked up the symptoms it resonated with me, almost all of them. I have yet to be officially diagnosed but I strongly believe it could explain why things have been so difficult for me.

Along with Asperger's I also have a physical disability called Arthrogryposis wherein I can't use my arms/hands much at all so I've learned to do most everything with my feet (such as typing this).

I've always preferred working or doing activities alone and things like group projects really bother me, especially when the people I am with are the type that joke around instead of getting things done. I don't find humor in things like other people do and it's very rare I find a comedy I actually enjoy. I prefer peace and quiet and things with loud noises such as rock concerts or generally being around lots of people really bother me, I just get lots of anxiety and find it hard to handle. The one exception is video games, specifically MMORPGs. I don't have that big of an issue interacting with my peers in that kind of environment. But I digress. While I have trouble interacting with my peers of both genders I have especially hard time interacting with women.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 4:51 am

hiya Azureth :) welcome to our club 8)

Verinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Mar 2013, 1:53 pm

Hello Azoruth, welcome to WP. Glad you found us.

shubunkin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Mar 2013, 3:57 pm

Welcome to the Wrong Planet ! !

I'm sure you will find many people that enjoy video games here