Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ROSSVG
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

Hello all.

I been away awhile, so feel a need to say hello again. Hello. I was diagnosed with Aspergers at the age of 30. On discovering my diagnosis my brother remarked "Oh that explains a few things...We always just thought you were a bit of a c**t"

I worked in numerous manual factory jobs for years before realising I neither liked doing that and did not have to do it. I am now studying History and Celtic History at Glasgow Univeristy.

I am in my second year. I am also a hyper-realist painter. Please check out my site if you are so inclined. WWW.SAATCHIONLINE.COM/ROSSVANGOGH

I don't say I have Aspergers on the site. I don't want to be known as an "Autistic artist" just an artist.

I also write plays. Two plays that I have written have been preformed by Glasgow University student theatre groups.

I can be shy to an extreme degree. I hardly ever speak in public. I have read around 20000 books in my life. I have probably spoken less words aloud in nearly 33 years. I have only of late began to discover my voice.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

ROSSVG wrote:
A hyperlexic aspie artist says hello

"Hyperlexic Artist"?

That may make you popular around here.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ROSSVG

02 Mar 2013, 7:20 pm

Really? Why so?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 7:53 pm

"Hyperlexian" is the username of one of our moderators.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

dajand8
Raven
Raven

02 Mar 2013, 8:34 pm

Wow! You are certainly an impressive fellow.

rickith
Raven
Raven

03 Mar 2013, 4:00 am

Hey there, welcome to WP

Wow, you're good lol. Can hardly tell that some of those are paintings, not photos. And is that your real name?

If you don't want people to know that you're autistic then you might want to remove the link from here though, Google will index it.

ROSSVG

03 Mar 2013, 6:13 am

Thanks. I have worked hard to become so.

I don't mind if people know about my autism, I just don't want it to be the first thing people think of when they meet me or view my work.

Yes, it's my real name. But not related as far as I know to the more famous van Gogh.

shubunkin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

WELCOME back to the WP !