Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

WK2R2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Aug 2024, 1:55 am

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well, this post I want ask if there are any autistic people in my area of Gonzales Louisiana, that are also lonely and wanting to make friends to hang out with in person. I have been to many groups, but they made me feel more lonely and were extremely boring, sitting inside listening to others stories ect. I do not want to volunteer anymore as I have tried that for ages and i feel like i am working for free, and its tiresome, boring and not a good environment mentally. I get $1600 a month ssi and would love to spend it on me and a possible girlfriend.

I love music live and at home, video games, my pellet pistol, bowling ally, cosplay, renaissance festival(Depressingly lonely to going alone) I have a good personality & since of humor, star wars & Disney fan, ect.

I am looking for a girlfriend, I'm 38, never been kissed, virgin, and not getting any younger, time is not, not, on my side. So all i can do is continue to fail to find friends in person or online that are near me, and I've uber'ed everywhere to meet new people, but have never ever met another autistic person in my life, in my situation.

That said, are there any other autistic people in my area or zip code that are in my situation that are looking to make friends to hangout with? Because with $1600 per month, I feel like i could do a lot with a friend or with a girlfriend. Speaking honestly, ive even prayed to the devil with intention to trade my soul for a girlfriend.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2024, 9:03 am

I was good friends with an autistic man when I was in college. There were a couple of times that he said some not so nice things, but we made up quickly.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2024, 10:01 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here.

Now I'll wander off. I don't live anywhere near Louisiana.

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2024, 10:46 am

I don't live anywhere near you but I hope you can find some friends, and I hope you enjoy WP. Welcome!
Speaking from my experience, I used to feel like no one understood me, but once I started putting myself out there and going places, I met a number of autistic people who I had a lot in common with. You just have to look in the right places.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2024, 11:08 am

You wrote "I am looking for a girlfriend". That is a strange request on this website.

But I will try and offer some good advice.
First of all the way this condition "Autism" is displayed in men and women are different. Girls tend to try and fit in and blend in much better then males. So many times girls with your condition may be somewhat invisible. But they do exist. But you will have to look deeply to discover them. Often times they may have the same desires that you have found such as cosplay, renaissance festival. But like you many times they like being at home.

Many times they marry a neurotypical man and their marriage doesn't last. Some stay single. Probably finding a women around your age will be a better approach. But you will need to look for them.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2024, 4:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)