Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2014, 12:00 am

Hey everybody! I don't really know what I'm trying to gain out of joining, but I do know that I have quite a few similarities to aspergers, so I figured that I'd join and even if I leave concluding I don't have it and don't need to see a professional, then I'll have some more insight into myself either way. Not sure if it's common for undiagnosed people to come on these forums, so if it's not, then I hope I'm not "intruding" by being here.

Last edited by Logston on 10 Apr 2014, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 2:19 am

hiya Logston :) welcome to the club 8)

odd2k
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Apr 2014, 3:27 am

It sounds to me like you've been introduced into a world that doesn't make sense to you, where you just don't fit in. Maybe this has made you scared, confused, angry, and maybe you have started hating yourself for being unable to cope. Have you considered that there's nothing wrong with you, that there's something wrong with the world? I know, that last part sounds really egomaniac, but there's a reason this site is called "Wrong Planet". When a human being experiences that all their natural thoughts and impulses are considered "wrong" by their peers, then that breaks something inside that person. But that "something" can be repaired.

You may or may not have Asperger syndrome, you need a qualified psychologist to make an assessment for you. If it turns out you do have Asperger syndrome, then that will more or less answer every question you have ever had. If it turns out you don't, that will also help you make sense of the world and your place in it. It's an important first step.

Send me a PM if you feel like you need to talk to someone about what you're feeling.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 3:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 11:45 pm

Welcome!

IamRob
Velociraptor