Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aurylia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2015, 6:31 pm

Hey all, I'm Aury and I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm a 21 year old female college student, currently studying religion. I have always been different from my peers and even my siblings, but until recently I just chalked it up to stubbornness/ anxiety. About a year ago, a friend of mine suggested that I might have Asperger's, and he and I shared many of the same unusual traits and "quirks". This led to my decision to seek diagnosis; I first saw a neuropsychologist, one who evaluated my intellect but not my history. After sitting on a diagnosis of GAD and Non-verbal processing disorder for 6 months, I decided to seek a second opinion from the psychologist at my school's disability office. I received my results yesterday. He confirmed the first psychologist's diagnosis, but stated that all the history was there and all of the traits were there to warrant a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1 (since Asperger's is no longer a diagnosis used).

I am excited to read all of your stories and experiences and hopefully contribute some of my own!

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Jun 2015, 8:48 pm

welcome!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 9:33 pm

Hey Aury welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran