Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Ford
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2006, 7:26 pm

:D I'm new i want to learn how to take care of bullys. I have kids at school that like to swear at me a lot then i hard time not saying those words and getting into trouble. do any of you have ideas to help me

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2006, 7:39 pm

Do what Amos on "9 CHickweed Lane" did. Answer the bully back using big words like "Cacocephalic" (Latin. "Cephalic" - "headed." "Caco" comes from "Caca" which means just what you think it does. Or - hey, a chant we've all heard, answer him "It takes one to know one, and you know them all."

Then run very, very fast.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 3:55 am

Read the first (or is it the second) chapter of Ender's Game just dont go that far.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

jefftheweatherman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Mar 2006, 2:09 am

my best advice

IGNORE THEM

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2006, 2:11 pm

I'm with jefftheweatherman on this one. If you ignore them, eventually they'll get bored as bullying someone who produces no reaction isnt much fun. Thats what I was always told anyway.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 8:30 pm

I was bullied at school (and have continued to be in my working life). I didn't really know how to cope with it, you do feel powerless to some extent. But Fiz, you're right when you say they're looking for a reaction.

But you also have to show them you are strong, in one way or another. If I end up in another bullying situation, I guess there's nothing more I can do than try to nip it in the bud. I will make it clear that I am not someone to be messed with and remind them that I AM a strong character. I think that will make someone of a bullying disposition think twice.

stevie
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2006, 11:32 am

I was also bullied at school. Every single day. I tell you friend, Ignoring them and hoping they'll go away only makes them more determined. Telling a teacher is a joke as they could care less about the situation and might even think you deserve it for being "weird" . I have also been bullied by teachers. You are alone in this but you can refuse to be a victim. You don't waive your constitutional rights at the school door. You have the right to call the police and file a complaint against the bullies. Call them every day if you have to. You have the right to file a restraining order against them. No one is going to stick up for you. Don't rely on teachers to solve the problem. You have to take your safety into your own hands.

odeon
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2006, 7:43 pm

Fiz wrote:
I'm with jefftheweatherman on this one. If you ignore them, eventually they'll get bored as bullying someone who produces no reaction isnt much fun. Thats what I was always told anyway.

It never worked for me. It can be pretty hard to ignore them if they hit you, or throw your bag out on the street. The only thing that did, once, was hitting back. I don't recommend it, I just state the fact. This particular bully didn't bother me again.

euan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2010, 9:39 am

Ignoring never worked with me. They just have got nothing better to do with there lives.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 7:42 am

Mean people suck!! Ignoring them is what I do--It works for me!

Benthedemon007
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2016, 9:40 pm

You can't just ignore them. They will try to break you, and eventually, they will. Instead, don't just ignore them, but also keep your head held high, give them the "f**k you" smirk, laugh at yourself before they can laugh at you, go to the bathroom before meltdowns, and whatever you do, don't make yourself seem vulnerable, physically or mentally. Don't act explicitly like you hate them, even if you do, and passive-agressively laugh at them over everything like they probably do to you until they stop. They WILL realize just how immature they are and back off.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 4:19 pm

Bullies usually do what they do because they want to feel superior, and they usually do it to cover up their own insecurities. There are two quotes I really like which pertain to this:

"There are two ways to get rid of your enemies: to annihilate them and to turn them into friends"

"Those who diserve kindness the least are often the ones who need it the most"

Usually when someone is being an a**hole then the best course of action is to be kind to them. They will quickly run out of ways to justify what they are doing.

If that doesn't work then you could try not giving them the reaction that they want by laughing at their insults and agreeing with them. I know it feels very undignified, but it's supprisingly effective.

Another thing you could try is to just outsmart them. Ask them what they are trying to accomplish by insulting you, tell them statistics which show that you are likely to be more succesful then them, and trick them into doing little competitions that you know you will win at. This should be a last resort though, because it will most likely make them ignore you but pick someone else to take your place.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art