Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

twonky
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2005, 6:51 am

HI everyone,

Wow! Where do I begin this.... I've always thought I was a bit different, and I only read about Aspergers 6 months ago. I'm 99% sure I am AS. I'm (finally) going to the doctors on Friday to find out, or to start on the long road of finding out.

This has been a very sudden jump for me, but sites like this have really helped. I just wanted to join up and say 'Hello', which is so not like me.

So, 'Hello' and thanks.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 6:58 am

I have all the qualities of AS except orderliness and desire for contact, i am undiagnosed.

*pounces you* Hi ^_^, welcome to Wrong planet. We've got interesting weirdo's of all sorts. Will be looking forward to your posts ^_^

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 8:17 am

Heya, Welcome!

I'm one of the "interesting weirdos"... though 'interesting' is a matter of contention... ;)

GA

Dissenter
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2005, 8:34 am

Hello, we're not like all the rest.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 10:06 am

No, we arn't. For starters, we have an official Groar

GROAAAAAAR

and Welcome.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 10:28 am

Welcome!

Freyawolf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2005, 10:29 am

WELCOME! *gives you a cookie*

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 12:32 pm

Welcome, oh Twonky one!

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 5:04 pm

Freyawolf wrote:
WELCOME! *gives you a cookie*

Oy! Who took all the %$#&^! Matrix Code cookies?!

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 6:17 pm

Suilad and mae govannen*, twonky. It's cool that you've managed to stumble by wrongplanet. Hope you find yourself at home here, despite the fact that we're all a bunch of wierdos!

By the way, Archmage, I like your signature! Awesome quote! Awesome books, awesome movies.

*Welcome and well met (Sindarin Elvish from LotR)

twonky
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jul 2005, 7:46 am

Nomaken, GalileoAce, Dissenter, BlackLiger, pizzaboss, Freyawolf, PhoenixKitten, Archmage, and Namiko - thank you so much for replying, and making me feel at home. This truly is the right place for me.

I'm a 33 yr old male, married with 3 wonderful children (all boys - 10, 7, and 5). I've always thought myself a bit different, couldn't understand or enjoy the banalities that my peers would so easily revel in. Grew up in South Wales and moved to London to go to Uni. During my degree I met my amazing wife, and after finishing my degree we moved in together, got engaged and then married. She is a typical extrovert and the most NT person I know :).

We had our first two children in the UK, and emigrated to Australia 6 years ago. I immediately swichted careers to IT and am now a network admin in the Sydney area. We had our third child out here.

The last 8 months or so have been really difficult - my undiagnosed AS has led to my wife feeling unappreciated and alone. She genuinely thought I was being withdrawn and uncommunicative because I wanted to be, and I can understand that.

About 6 months ago I first read about AS and thought how much it sounded like me. Since then I've done alot of reading on the subject and am sure I'm an aspie. I'm going to the doctors in 2 days to get referred and find out for sure.

My wife and I are in a much better place since we've both realied I wasn't being distant because I 'wanted' to be, but because that's the best I can do - and it's a struggle to do even that.

So thanks again - I'm looking forward to getting more involved here and to getting to know you all.

Keith

twonky
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jul 2005, 7:48 am

...and Freyawolf, *thanks* for the cookie!! !!

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2005, 9:33 pm

Hello Twonky,
Looking forward to hearing what happens. Reckon you'll love this site, it's awesome.
There's a few of us here in Australia.

On another note...Nomaken, have you seen the pictures of the messy rooms and desks?
Have a look, they are a laugh!
They're in the "show what you look like" thread.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2005, 9:41 pm

Oh boy, you have an interesting name.

twonky...it sound Japanese for some odd reason, yet at the same time reminds me of twinkies... JAPANESE TWINKIES!! !

Note: Sorry for the terrible name pun, welcome to WP.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2005, 9:43 pm

Welcome, Twonky.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 3:57 pm

twonky wrote:
Nomaken, GalileoAce, Dissenter, BlackLiger, pizzaboss, Freyawolf, PhoenixKitten, Archmage, and Namiko - thank you so much for replying, and making me feel at home. This truly is the right place for me.

I'm a 33 yr old male, married with 3 wonderful children (all boys - 10, 7, and 5). I've always thought myself a bit different, couldn't understand or enjoy the banalities that my peers would so easily revel in. Grew up in South Wales and moved to London to go to Uni. During my degree I met my amazing wife, and after finishing my degree we moved in together, got engaged and then married. She is a typical extrovert and the most NT person I know :).

We had our first two children in the UK, and emigrated to Australia 6 years ago. I immediately swichted careers to IT and am now a network admin in the Sydney area. We had our third child out here.

The last 8 months or so have been really difficult - my undiagnosed AS has led to my wife feeling unappreciated and alone. She genuinely thought I was being withdrawn and uncommunicative because I wanted to be, and I can understand that.

About 6 months ago I first read about AS and thought how much it sounded like me. Since then I've done alot of reading on the subject and am sure I'm an aspie. I'm going to the doctors in 2 days to get referred and find out for sure.

My wife and I are in a much better place since we've both realied I wasn't being distant because I 'wanted' to be, but because that's the best I can do - and it's a struggle to do even that.

So thanks again - I'm looking forward to getting more involved here and to getting to know you all.

Keith

Hey, don't thank me, it was just my job. It is an honor as the site's welcome wagon driver to welcome you with the welcome wagon. And Freyawolf, I wasn't really yelling at you, i just have a wicked sense of humor. And Twonky, i hope you like our Matrix Code cookies. I hacked them off the Betty Crocker site. (And i'm not talking about the recipies :wink: )

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme