Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

junglejaime
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2019, 7:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

If this is not allowed, please delete.... My name is Jaime and I am an inquisitive learner who is fairly new to the world of autism. I started a graduate class recently in order to better educate myself about autism and all its intricacies. I have had a fascination most of my adult life about challenges we each face, differences that make us unique, one's physical & mental health, and generally getting to truly know and understand other people. As part of the course I'm currently taking, the instructor recommended 'interviewing' someone diagnosed with autism or someone who cares for a loved one with autism. I would never ask any personal questions - not even their name or location, but rather some basic questions about their life/world living with or caring for someone with autism. If someone would be interested, I'd be truly grateful!

Regards,

Jaime

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 3:54 am

Welcome, I have no problem with questions. Autism is fascinating. But interviewing only one person with autism will only tell you that persons experience with autism. We are all very different, just like non-autistic people are all very different.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 3:42 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 6:00 pm

aquafelix wrote:
We are all very different, just like non-autistic people are all very different.

We are actually much more different from each other than non-autistic people are from each other. Autism is not just one condition; it is at least hundreds, maybe thousands, of different conditions. We're a very wide-ranging bunch of neurological freaks with traits that happen to look somewhat similar from an NT point of view.