Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Tiny1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Aug 2007, 2:20 pm

Hi,
I live in the UK. I am an Aspie. I like bird watching and cataloging all I see, and climbing mountains with my dog, and drawing birds. I collect bird books and magazines - I have every RSPB magazine since 1974! I like keeping my things neat and tidy and sorted out.

I wondered if anyone else lives in the UK or is everyone here from the US?

Everyone calls me Tiny because I'm quite short and have little arms and legs and don't weigh that much.

Quirk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2007, 2:28 pm

Hi Tiny! What's your favourite bird sighting? I'm not a devoted birder but I do enjoy it. I work for a company that does nature tours so I know lots of birders and have learned a lot myself. I had a fantastic sighting this weekend: I was swimming in Georgian Bay (here in Canada) and when I emerged from the water, a green heron flew not 5 feet from my head - beautiful!

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Aug 2007, 3:28 pm

Welcome aboard, Tiny1! I'm relatively new here at WP as well, but it seems people on Wrong Planet are from all over the world. I, for one, is from Denmark...

Make yourself at home in a place where it's abnormal to be "normal", and where the average bloke knows more on autism spectrum disorders than the average physician... 8)

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 4:08 pm

Im from nottingham in the UK where are you from tiny ?

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 7:23 pm

Nice to meet you, Tiny. :) I from VA in the US.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 8:39 pm

I am an Alaskan. I love ravens, which are plentiful here. Tiny1, ravens have a sense of humor and very mischevious and smart. I have seen ravens play in the snow by rolling downhill. AK has sandhill cranes too; an almost prehistoric bird.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2007, 8:55 pm

Hi, welcome to WP.

We have two parakeets and a robin. My husband found the baby robin in the yard. It had no feathers yet and was covered with ants. He got all of the ants off it and brought it onto the screen porch. He and the kids have been feeding it (mashed very moist dog kibble at first through an eye dropper) and now it's eating worms and insects and seeds. We/ve had it for about 3 weeks now and it appears to be doing very, very well. Much larger and fully feathered, very happy and gets along well with the parakeets. It doesn't seem to want to leave. It dive bombs me when I go out to have my coffee on the porch and it sits on my head.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 12:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Aug 2007, 5:29 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet Image

Tiny1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2007, 12:17 pm

Hi,
I like Red Kites because they are common in Wales which is where I am from. They are a bird of prey with a 6-8 feet wingspan. I like all birds though, along the coast where I sometimes walk I see oystercatchers and they are good.
I'm Welsh and was born there and partly raised there but now I live in England just over the border from Wales in Cheshire. I don't like England much and I find English a hard language.

It's nice to meet everyone. :)

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2007, 12:47 pm

Hello and Welcome