I would like be roomates with another autistic person

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

asalem
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2024, 1:28 pm

I live in USA and I can move anywhere. I am in Minneapolis right now. I am nomadic. I work form home and am self employed. I am looking for a roommate and I would like to with another person like that has autism. I am a 33 year old male. Let me know thank you

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2024, 1:33 pm

That's interesting

What work do you do

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2024, 4:08 pm

Welcome back to the site.
You have been gone for several years. I dug a little deeper.

Your first post was on 27 Apr 2017. You began by writing:
I have this weird obsession with exploring the world from Google earth. I like to explore forests and different countries. I don't know if this is a aspie triat but I am wondering if anyone has this same obsession.

You continued to post on the site until 29 July 2019. Then you disappeared.

I used to have friends but I have no idea what has happened to me in the last 4 years that I have been unable to make or keep friends. I am a 33 year old male. My interests is religion and geopolitics. I am a Muslim. I have ADHD and HFA. I find myself stimming more often that I used, even in public. I think I am getting more autistic and less ADHD with the passage of time. I still have both. I feel like I go through cycles with my one of diagnosis overcoming the other. I can be a mess when my ADHD takes over such as committing financial mistakes and so on. I feel like a robot lately because..... my days are always the same. I feel like I am becoming useless to myself. I live in America. I move everywhere because I get bored of places and often sleep in my car. I have enough money to rent a room or an apartment but I choose not although I hate I am like this. I am not broke and I am not well off. I keep trying to sign up for online university and failing. I have registered once more and will give it another shot. I know moving won't help me feel less bored but I can't help the rushing sensation. Sometimes I feel like I am alone. I have decided to reach out to my fellow kind and make friendships. Reach to me if you if you have desires to make friends. I am straight. I am just looking for a friend right now. Shoot me a message or send me a email at {redacted} (if that's allowed).

O.K. Let me try and explain things to you. You have Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
ADHD is an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning.
Let me try and explain this from my perspective. The human brain is very complex. We have multiple brains. Some exist on the left side of our skull and some exist on the right side. They are very different brains. Some exist in our daytime and some in our night time. In ADHD, you are switching between two different parts. You become very different persons.

I am not sure that I have all the answers here, but one of the keys is Exercise. It is very important to get around 30 to 60 minutes of exercise each day. It must be strenuous exercise. Sleep is also very important. You need REM and Deep NREM sleep each night. These are actually two of your brains. They move at the speed of light and reset your brain, clearing out the problems and trying to figure out solutions. One of these brains moves near the speed of light.

I believe this will help you control your problem with ADHD and get you back in the game.