Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Squishy1974
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2024, 12:41 pm

Any jobless broke dudes with late in life diagnosis wanna chill?

Work, Making friends/keeping friends feels totally overwhelming/exhausting at this point.

I want to hone my superpower of imagination to win the autism lottery. Write bad poetry sing songs with forgotten verses that is all.

Squishy1974
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2024, 1:26 pm

:roll: :evil: :evil: :oops: :oops: :P :x :x 8) 8)

softlyspeaks41
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2024, 10:01 pm

Welcome..love that intro

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2024, 9:06 am

:lol: Welcome to Wrong Planet.

That was an interesting introduction. But not much content. So I dug a little deeper.
You are a Teacher. You have many interest including:
Farming, camping, permaculture, film, tv, creative writing, travel.

Permaculture, I haven't heard that word before. I wonder what it means?

Permaculture is an approach to land management and settlement design that adopts arrangements observed in flourishing natural ecosystems. It includes a set of design principles derived using whole-systems thinking.

I remember when I was very young there was a movement to go back to nature. Young people left their homes and made small communities in a small plot of land in the woods. Everyone shared with each other. And they lives in their ideal world. But not everyone worked or cooperated or treated everyone fairly and over time chaos persuade and these groups broke up and left. That was around 50 years ago.

Let's see. In another post you said that you "started investigating Asperger syndrome back in 2008. That is useful information. I have Asperger's Syndrome (Aspie for short).

Then in another thread, you filled out a form on yourself. This is what you wrote:

What is your first name? PETER
Hobbies and Interests: AGRICULTURE, PERMACULTURE, ACTIVISM, PROPAGANDA, FLOATING
Why are you here? SEEKING COMMUNITY AND ADVICE, POSSIBLE FRIENDSHIPS FOR IRL
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): ABOUT A MONTH AGO
Favorite subjects: B.A. IN AMERICAN STUDIES (POLY-SCI), HISTORY, ENGLISH/ READING , SOCIAL STUDIES, ART, PHOTOGRAPHY, FILM, TV, RADIO, PODCAST
Year/Grade: 1992
Favorite music: GARAGE ROCK
Books: PREFER AUDIOBOOKS... MOST GENRES, ESPECIALLY MYSTERY/THRILLER... ALSO PODCAST
TV shows/Movies: WIZARD OF OZ
Instrument: UKULELE, GUITAR, HARMONICA, VOICE, HAND DRUM, KEYS... WOULD LIKE TO BE IN A BAND
Do you like sports? NO OPINION
Family: SINGLE (DIVORCED), PARENTS STILL ALIVE & TOGETHER, I LIVE WITH 2 HOUSEMATES
Clothing: PREFER THRIFT 2ND HAND
How did you find this website? POSSIBLY RADIO SHOW (THIS AMERICAN LIFE) ?
Job: I HATE WORK. EDUCATION IS NOT REALLY WORKING FOR ME
Plans for the future? TRAVEL, WANT TO LIVE BY THE SEA
Any comments? I MAINLY STRUGGLE WITH CONVERSATION... UNDERSTANDING OTHERS. IDEALLY I WILL LEARN ASL AND POSSIBLY INTERACT WITH DEAF/ HARD OF HEARING COMMUNITY

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2024, 4:22 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 9:19 pm

:x

jimmy m wrote:
I dug a little deeper.

Newbie: Hi... I'm a newbie... What are you into?

Jimmy M: I'm into OSint

Newbie: I'm into swimming

Jimmy M: I know

How to do autism?
With Panache, aplomb and style

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 8:24 pm

Carbonhalo, it looks like you have been part of this site beginning in 26 Nov 2007. I am not familiar with OSint, so I looked it up. The internet says it may stand for Open Source Intelligence.

Open source intelligence (OSINT) is the collection and analysis of data gathered from open sources (covert sources and publicly available information) to produce actionable intelligence. OSINT is primarily used in national security, law enforcement, and business intelligence functions and is of value to analysts who use non-sensitive intelligence in answering classified, unclassified, or proprietary intelligence requirements across the previous intelligence disciplines.

That is definitely a strange hobbie or is that something you do for a living?

You gave your location as Musora. I am not familiar with that place. Oh it is not a place. Musora is a type of tool of musicians. Musora is a dynamic online platform offering comprehensive music education across various instruments including piano, guitar, drums, and singing.

I used the way back machine to your first post:

I'm not sure if i feel relief or disappointment at finding wrongplanet.
I've only started to research AS this week, and every word i've read raises red flags from here to my very first memories.
socially dysfunctional child genius, age inappropriate behaviour, clumsiness, alienation, ---- full steam ahead and damn the torpedos.
I have a question.... is there any point being diagnosed at age 47?

Welcome back.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2024, 2:25 am

Welcome to WP :mrgreen: