Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MHolot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2024, 1:43 am

Hi! I'm new to Wrong Planet! I'm currently in college. If we happen to share any interests, please reply!

I have a good number of special interests. In no particular order, they are Neuroscience* (and especially it's applications), Philosophy**, the Occult***, Art****, Gaming*5, Music*6, and Pinball*7.

*In regard to Neuroscience, I am self-taught and love the subject but lack a degree, so I tend to refer to myself as a "Rogue Neuroscientist". I am currently designing a lightweight, portable machine that can stimulate dopamine hits in the brain. (Uses the same principles as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation but is basically my own design and can be taken just about everywhere except an airport).

**I have taken some classes in Philosophy but am not currently considering a degree in it. My favorite philosopher is Max Stirner.

***I looooove Ouija boards! Have had some pretty incredible experiences with them.

****I work mainly with pencil, ink pen, and acrylic paint but have explored other mediums too.

*5 Big Nintendo fanboy, but also love Twisted Metal games on Playstation. I also love D&D and am a freelance tabletop game designer myself.

*6 Don't like much contemporary music, but I enjoy a lot from the 1960s to early 2000s.

*7 I. Love. Pinball. Enough said.

Nice to meet everyone!

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 2:19 am

Bonjour and welcome

peet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Aug 2024, 7:14 am

Hej, hej. welcome

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 7:51 am

welcome!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 9:40 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 11:15 am

MHolot wrote:
Hi! I'm new to Wrong Planet! I'm currently in college. If we happen to share any interests, please reply!

I have a good number of special interests. In no particular order, they are Neuroscience* (and especially it's applications), Philosophy**, the Occult***, Art****, Gaming*5, Music*6, and Pinball*7.

*In regard to Neuroscience, I am self-taught and love the subject but lack a degree, so I tend to refer to myself as a "Rogue Neuroscientist". I am currently designing a lightweight, portable machine that can stimulate dopamine hits in the brain. (Uses the same principles as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation but is basically my own design and can be taken just about everywhere except an airport).

**I have taken some classes in Philosophy but am not currently considering a degree in it. My favorite philosopher is Max Stirner.

***I looooove Ouija boards! Have had some pretty incredible experiences with them.

****I work mainly with pencil, ink pen, and acrylic paint but have explored other mediums too.

*5 Big Nintendo fanboy, but also love Twisted Metal games on Playstation. I also love D&D and am a freelance tabletop game designer myself.

*6 Don't like much contemporary music, but I enjoy a lot from the 1960s to early 2000s.

*7 I. Love. Pinball. Enough said.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome, MHolot! I used to love Twisted Metal games too! Twisted Metal 3 was the first Playstation game I got from my parents for Christmas.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:05 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Many of us have special interest. We delve into something and very quickly become Subject Matter Experts.

Generally as time goes on, other things jump out of nowhere and we dive into new areas. It is how we learn. Keep it up.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 4:14 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you enjoy it here.