Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

rcostheta
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2024, 7:56 pm

Hello there!

I'm Ryan, burnt-out neurodivergent game-developer, and like most of you(I think), am looking to meet and talk with people with similar interests, issues, etc.! I am currently taking a break from work to focus on chronic health issues (Crohn's Disease) and trying to break out of my self-started solitude shell! Made an account on here years ago (already reached out about having multiple accounts, am waiting to hear back) and never worked up the courage to introduce myself or make a post; second time's the charm I guess.

A couple fun(?) facts about me: I have been skiing since I was ~3 years old, and I have owned/co-owned 16 rats(of the domesticated pet variety) over my lifetime. Feel free to share fun facts about yourself(or something else) if you feel so inclined :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 8:03 pm

Welcome back! I hope this time you decide to stay.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 8:05 pm

wellcome back

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 8:18 pm

Welcome back to WP, Ryan! My name is Brian so we have similar names, haha. I have some mental health challenges that I am currently working through so I definitely can empathize with the chronic illness you are experiencing. I have five cats and one German Shepherd :) I joined the community a week ago and it has just been a wonderful, wonderful experience so far. I'm glad you decided to return!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 8:53 pm

Hi Ryan,

Where's your imaginary friend?

isintheta?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 9:00 pm

Welcome!

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 9:28 pm

Welcome back!

Rats are great pets although I wish they lived longer :(

I hope you enjoy it here!

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 11:06 pm

Ahoy-hoy.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2024, 1:49 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet.

I dug a little deeper. I hope you don't mind.
You said that you had several interest including Maths, Science, Engineering, Programming, Game Development, Graphics Pipelines, Optimization, Cooking, Baking, Video Games, Anime, Hiking, Skiing, Animals.

You just said "owned/co-owned 16 rats(of the domesticated pet variety)". I remember as a young child of 3 or 4 that I collected snakes. I found them to be interesting creatures. So I found a deep rock pit and would catch them and place them inside. The pit was deep enough they couldn't escape. So I had a collection of 4 or 5 large snakes for awhile.

You mentioned that one of your interest was Craphics Pipelines. I did not know what that was so I looked it up. Graphics pipeline is a framework within computer graphics that outlines the necessary procedures for transforming a three-dimensional (3D) scene into a two-dimensional (2D) representation on a screen.

When I was a young student in high school about 60 years ago, I took a class that was very similar. But it was long before computers became available. I would make molds of 3 dimensional object and convert them into 2 dimensional printouts.

Welcome back WP old timer. Well maybe not an old timer. You wrote, "I made an account that I never ended up using back in 2013." Well anyways you are here now and that is what matters.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2024, 4:44 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2024, 8:26 am

Now I remember.

When I was a young student in high school about 60 years ago, I took a class that was very similar. But it was long before computers became available. I would make molds of 3 dimensional object and convert them into 2 dimensional printouts.

It was before the age of computers. I was in my second year of High School. I was a Sophomore and I was attending a High School in Dallas, Texas. I took a class called Drafting. In the class we used a drafting machine. For example, in the class I was taught to use many tools for example:

Now I remember, the class taught me blueprinting.

This shows a few clips of a blueprint. It was how we made very detailed drawings and copy of drawings many, many years ago. Here is another copy.

rcostheta
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Aug 2024, 6:23 pm

thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Inki
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Aug 2024, 4:04 am

Hiii!
I'm new here! That's nice, I want a pet too!

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2024, 5:57 am

Welcome inki.