Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

different
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2007, 3:53 am

Hi!
My name on the internet is usually eldhroka, but I use the nick different here. I am 30 years old and live in the north of Sweden, my real name is Anna. I was diagnosed with Aspergers in December 2006 and found it a relief. All of my life I have been wondering what's wrong with me and why I didn't seem to have the same energylevel as other people. I got (and do get) so tired when I met people IRL and I couldn't understand why other people didn't seem to be...

I have always had a love for animals, especially horses. When I was 3 years old I started to talk about a horse of my own but I didn't have the ability to buy my first horse until six years ago. He is sold now but I have another horse, a 7 year old Standardbred that I am training to be a riding horse. I (or me and my husband) also have three dogs, two Karelian Bear Dogs and one Alaskan Malamute. The Karelians are my husband's dogs and he uses them to hunt moose, he had one of them before we met. I had my Alaskan Malamute before we met and I use to sled, hike and ski-joor with her. She's the most clever dog I have ever met..my dear Aika.

Besides the horse and the dogs, I also have two aquariums, one (105 litres) with Guppies, Sunset Platies, Mollies, an Ancistrus sp, one Corydoras natteri and two Corydoras paleatus and one aquarium (54 litres) with Cherry Shrimps and Amano Shrimps.

That was a little about me and my interests

/Different

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

07 Sep 2007, 3:59 am

Welcome! You're in the company of many animal lovers here.

Godwit
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2007, 4:00 am

Greatings, Anna!

It is true that many Aspies seem to relate more easily to animals and Nature than to people. Animals, even wild animals seem to be easier to understand than people. And when animals accept you, their acceptance is total, without any qualifications or demands. I believe you will find people here who share your interests.

May you find good information, inspiration, companionship, comfort, and good humor here.

Explore and enjoy.

different

07 Sep 2007, 4:11 am

Thanks, both of you :)

Yes, animals are much easier to understand, I have always thought that :) This leads me to think about something my parents wrote in the papers they got from the psychologist. They should answer questions about my childhood from 0-16 years.. One of the things they wrote was that I have always felt more related to animals then to other people.. I can imagine how the psychologist must have looked like when she read that :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 4:29 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 9:52 am

Hi, Anna!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I'm glad you joined us here!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Sep 2007, 7:30 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet Image

Maxx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2007, 7:42 pm

Welcome to wrongplanet!

I'm sure I would be more into animals if everyone else in my family wasn't deathly allergic.

Hope you have fun here!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 7:36 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 10:19 pm

Welcome aboard my double decker bus!Image

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

08 Sep 2007, 11:37 pm

Hello Anna...Welcome to WP :)

I also share you're interest of animals.
My mother and I have one aquarium (350 Litres) with 38 fish in there. They are quite small ones, some of the breeds include Globe Eye, Black Moor, Bronze Shub, Bronze Fan, Blue Fan, mino, Red Cap and more. We also have water snails.

2 rabbits (dwaft and lope), 3 birds (all budgies), four cats (black cat, silver tabby, golden tabby, mixed tabby) and one dog (rottweiler).

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 3:04 pm

Welcome,

Lots of animals here.