Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mumof5
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2008, 1:02 pm

Just been reading, and learning, some over the last couple of weeks and thought I would introduce myself.

I am a 34 year old mother of five,and I joined WP to learn more about Aspergers and to learn how to interact with my oldest son a little better. Devon was diagnosed with Aspergers about 14 months ago, after over 4 years of misdiagnoses. I also suspect that my youngest son might be somewhere on the Autism spectrum, but we have not been able to find anyone knowledged enough with toddlers to be able to get any sort of diagnosis for him.

A little about me - My husband and I own two businesses, so we are both home 24-7 with our children, he was recently medically retired from the Army. Our kids are 11, 9, 8, 4, and almost 3. Devon is home schooled, and we are planning on homeschooling the younger two boys as well. My husband and I are quite anti-social, we know how to interact with others, we just prefer not to :P. Most people just sort of get on my nerves because so many of them only seem concerned with things like money, looks, gossip, etc. So hubby and I just mostly stay home, hang out, do computer stuff and family things.

I've learned a lot in the last 14 months, but I know there is still a long road ahead of me here. I love reading the posts and stories on this forum, it's taught me a lot about my son (and myself) already.

So thanks and hello!! !!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:14 pm

Nice to meet you, Mumof5. :) 8)

TrubPotto
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2008, 2:46 pm

Welcome Mumof5, I hope you continue to find a lot of useful insight about and information on your sons' circumstances and what they may be experiencing. I also hope you make some friends along the way! This is a great little community...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:58 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 3:08 pm

Welcome Mumof5!:)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 3:50 pm

Wow, 5 children!! !

Good to have you here Mumof5. Hope you enjoy and learn something out of WP.