Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

20 Oct 2005, 10:38 pm

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon info about Asperger's Syndrome by way of a few articles around the net about Bram Cohen, the creator of BitTorrent. This was also coincidentally around the time I leaned a friend from England was autistic.

I've been reading many posts on this forum, and have been thinking "Holy poo, they're like me!", so I think my self-diagnosis is pretty accurate. The posts in the dating/romance section really hit close to home.

For the record, the defining features of my personality are that I am:

Male
A Middle Child

Great site. I am glad I found this place. :D

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 10:56 pm

Woohoo! Somebody else who appears to like orange and fire as much as I do!

Welcome to the site.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 10:58 pm

Hello! Welcome to WrongPlanet. I am 18, too.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 11:22 pm

Welcome to our sometimes-humble planet!! :)

By the way, if this is putting too much pressure on you that's okay, but would you mind sharing a little bit about what you think makes you an Aspie?

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 12:01 am

Welcome to the Planet Wrong.

I am a middle child too.

I got one sister ahead of me,

and one sister after me.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 3:27 pm

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet! We are a very interesting group! I hope you enjoy posting here!

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 7:15 pm

TheOrangeMage wrote:
Hello!

I recently stumbled upon info about Asperger's Syndrome by way of a few articles around the net about Bram Cohen, the creator of BitTorrent. This was also coincidentally around the time I leaned a friend from England was autistic.

I've been reading many posts on this forum, and have been thinking "Holy poo, they're like me!", so I think my self-diagnosis is pretty accurate. The posts in the dating/romance section really hit close to home.

For the record, the defining features of my personality are that I am:

Male
A Middle Child

Great site. I am glad I found this place. :D

FINALLY! ANOTHER MAGE!

Hope you stick around for a while; it's nice to have a fellow magic user around here...

What are your interests?

Archmage

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2005, 9:47 pm

mikibacsi1124 wrote:
Welcome to our sometimes-humble planet!! :)

By the way, if this is putting too much pressure on you that's okay, but would you mind sharing a little bit about what you think makes you an Aspie?

Sure, that's no problem. :)

When researching AS, I was lucky enough to be abke to ask my mother questions about my childhood to confirm what I thought. One of the things that immdediately stood out was that she said I was using big words and speaking pretty eloquently at a very very young age! I've also had a hardcore obsession with computers, mechanical engineering (to a lesser extent), and other similar things. I have a somewhat above-average IQ, it being somewhere in the 140 range.

The social issues are where I really feel that I am very likely an Aspie. Throughout much of my grade school life (K-8) I rarely had more than one friend, or at least was around more than one person at a time. I just can't seem to operate well within a group, especially if it is more than 2 or 3 people. I can remember at the myriad 13th birthday parties the other kids had that I felt so terribly alone, and hoped that someone would be with me, and not a part of the whole party. I am also extremely gaze-avoidant, and am told so by teachers and people who speak to me for the first few times. I also find myself unable to "socialize" with people my age, often recieving a negatove or awkward response whenever I speak up. I very much find online communication to be a great thing; and feel more comfortable doing so. In fact, the only girlfriend I have had thus far was someone I met online. (In fact, I asked her out before even meeting her in person, and a luck would have it, it worked out for 8 months)

Any more questions or anything and I'll answer them. :)

Archmage wrote:
FINALLY! ANOTHER MAGE!

Hope you stick around for a while; it's nice to have a fellow magic user around here...

What are your interests?

Archmage

I figured there'd be another mage here. There's almost always one at a message board I go to. 8)

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 12:00 pm

Not all AS'ers are brilliant 140 iq'ers. Keep that in mind.

Welcome to wp, and I will be . . . . . .watching you from my secret fortress.

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

22 Oct 2005, 12:17 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Not all AS'ers are brilliant 140 iq'ers. Keep that in mind.

Welcome to wp, and I will be . . . . . .watching you from my secret fortress.

Don't worry. I know everyone's different, even if we're much the same. :)

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 12:22 pm

Say, where is vandila, ohio? I'm in the southeast cleveland area.

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

22 Oct 2005, 6:02 pm

Vandalia is the suburb directly north of Dayton. It is home to the original crossroads of America and the Dayton International Airport.

In case you don't know where Dayton is, we're directly north of Cincinatti and directly west of Columbus. :)

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

22 Oct 2005, 6:36 pm

Im 28 and a self diagnosed aspie. I was diagnosed with developmental dyspraxia, sensoryintergration issues, depression/anxiety and ADHD. oh yea and Im socialy "immature". Wel all thses diffrent diagnoses seem to add up with the other quirkynesses of me and it looks like Im an aspie! (no ryhme intended). I have a high IQ too. Not that Im bragging or anything, because IQ isnt anything with out the means to use it. I think. Anyhow Im GLAD TO BE HERE and GLAD to have name for what it is that I am!

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2005, 10:38 pm

I have an IQ of 122.

That is about above-average in the sense of NT's. Is that about average for Aspies?

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2005, 9:30 pm

Steve_Cory wrote:
I have an IQ of 122.

That is about above-average in the sense of NT's. Is that about average for Aspies?

That's an interesting question...perhaps a poll is needed, or might already exist.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 11:21 am

There is a poll already, in fact, I think there are two. We are all clever buggers on here, even those with average IQ's