Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ReverendG
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jan 2009, 10:28 pm

Hi, I'm new here.
I was originally diagnosed when I was nine. My parents didn't tell me that I had been diagnosed, but I was put into a different class for special needs kids for two years, then reintegrated into my original class. Last thanksgiving, I finally asked my parents what was up, and they told me that I had Asperger's. Needless to say I read up extensively on the condition and sought the opinion of a professional who confirmed that I was indeed an aspie.
I can understand why my parents didn't tell me, but I am curious what other people think.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 10:32 pm

Nice to meet you, ReverendG. :) 8)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 10:51 pm

Welcome to WP!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 11:36 pm

Welcome aboard Wrong Planet, ReverendG.

Dollypony
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:21 am

Welcome^^

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jan 2009, 2:29 pm

Hi ReverendG and welcome to the wrongplanet. My diagnosis of Asperger's came when I was an adult. But I have two sons, and one is having some issues right now. Anytime my wife or I try to talk to him about it, he covers himself up on the couch and begins crying. He is 12 years old. We think he has ADHD, but I think it would tear him up emotionally for him to think something was wrong with him. Having always known I was different, I don't perceive these things so much as problems as differences. For me to have known I had Asperger's when I was in school wouldn't have bothered me. But it can be different for other children. My best answer for you is that I feel they didn't want you to feel like there was an issue going on with you. They may have thought you would have worried about it. Feel free to pm me anytime you want.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Jan 2009, 8:08 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image