Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TazDevil
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2004, 10:27 pm

Gday. My name is Jacob and I am 7 years old. My Mum is writing for me as I cannot read or write. I do know how to spell the words 'Zorro' and 'Coffee' though which mum says is clever..
I live on the Gold Coast, Australia and have no Brothers or Sisters. I was diagnosed Aspergers 2 years ago. My Mum has nicknamed me the Tassie Devil because I can be calm one minute and like a tornado the next..
My favourite things are Superheroes and I spend most of my day in character, mainly as Zorro, Spiderman and batman. I have to wear a uniform at school so my secret identity has to be kept a secret when I am there. I am in year 1.
I attend regular classes but have many hours in the Special education Unit where i get to have time on the computer, and play trains, but some of my time there is boring and I have to learn stuff.
I have many pets which include a dog, 2 cats, a horse, 3 rats, 2 guinea pigs, a bird and fish. We dont live on a farm but mum says we should because we have too many animals.
Id like to make some new friends here if I can. I have many friends at school and in my street, but they sometimes dont understand me, and I am always right. [I think so anyway]
When I grow up I want to work at Movie World as Batman, and I am going to own a Coffee shop..

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

08 Jul 2004, 10:47 pm

Hi, Jacob! Welcome to WrongPlanet.net!

I have a little brother named Jacob who is six years old and has Asperger's like you and I.

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2004, 11:52 pm

Hi Jacob

The Gold Coast is lovely :) :) ! I live in cold, old New Zealand - not far from you! Being Batman would be a cool job - MovieWorld is a fun place isn't it? Have you been to SeaWorld? There are lots of people who use this site named Jacob (or Jake) - you might make some friends with your name! :lol:

Well - I had better go now! You sound like a nice person - is it school holiday time on the Gold Coast?

Hi-Ho Silver...Away :wink:

TazDevil
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2004, 1:43 am

:lol:
I love Movie World. I wont go any rides as I don't like the dark, and loud noises. We had to leave the Police Academy show as i got frightened there too. We basically spent 6 hours in the centre area waiting for Batman to arrive. I got a photo taken with him and Robin. Then I liked watching Batman and Robin fight the bad guys in the street. A lucky boy got to ride in the Batmobile...
The Gold Coast is a good place to live. We have everything at our doorsteps. We have the beach only minutes away, and the mountains behind us as well. I havent been to seaworld for a couple of years, but Mum went last year with a friend. She needed a break.
Dreamworld is only 5 minutes from me and where they are making Big brother..
I hope to chat to you some time. Thanks for your reply

RoboticSquirrel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jul 2004, 6:05 am

Man, I guess there are tons of people younger than me on this forum. But anyhow, welcome, and enjoy being on our planet. :D

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Jul 2004, 8:21 am

TazDevil wrote:
:lol:
I love Movie World. I wont go any rides as I don't like the dark, and loud noises. We had to leave the Police Academy show as i got frightened there too. We basically spent 6 hours in the centre area waiting for Batman to arrive. I got a photo taken with him and Robin. Then I liked watching Batman and Robin fight the bad guys in the street. A lucky boy got to ride in the Batmobile...
The Gold Coast is a good place to live. We have everything at our doorsteps. We have the beach only minutes away, and the mountains behind us as well. I havent been to seaworld for a couple of years, but Mum went last year with a friend. She needed a break.
Dreamworld is only 5 minutes from me and where they are making Big brother..
I hope to chat to you some time. Thanks for your reply

Superheroes are cool! Have you seen the new Spiderman movie? I am going to see that soon. I've never been to The Gold Coast or even Australia for that matter! I hope you like it here at WrongPlanet.net and decide to stay as a long term member! PS, what are you favorite things to learn about in school?

TazDevil
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2004, 11:54 pm

We are still becoming familiar with this, so please bare with us. Let me think...my favourite things at school is a hard question for me as I am only in year 1. I really like the Human Body, so I hope we can learn about this soon. I already know about the different types of fractures to a bone, and how the small and large intestines work. I guess being an Aspie gives me an advantage over the regular kids.
My Mum tells me we have an appointment with a lady soon who organises the Special Olympics. She is going to help me do some sport. I am learning to swim and although it is a slow process, I enjoy it. I get frightened on my back in the water, but am coping well, and can hold my breath for 12 seconds. I hope I can get good so that I can joing the Special Olympics when I turn 8.
I havent seen the new Spiderman yet because I cant cope with being in a Cinema. It is too dark, and loud for me so i will have to wait for the DVD.. Bye for now.

ilster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2004, 12:17 am

hey Jacob - we might see you at the special olympics! We live on the gold coast too, and the special olympics program is the best of the best things we have done. my son Arlen (who I'm speaking for) is 9 and goes to tennis, soccer and basketball. We know another jacob who goes to basketball. The coaches are so good. My mum reckons they are the most amazing people she's ever not met! (she's a bit aspie too). Arlen likes hotwheeels cars and playing his ps2 and watching TV, and also likes :ninja: woohoo - small world huh?

Arlen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jul 2004, 1:24 am

hay have you ever thought of being your own type of superhero and starring in a soopahero movies :?: :?

TazDevil
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2004, 5:43 am

As you would be aware, I am Jacob's Mum and I do his writing for him.. He stands beside me though. We are excited to get a message from another Gold Coaster. We should try and have a chat some time. What a great idea from you Arlen. jacob could be his own Superhero and start in movies. You never know what the future will hold. He's already wearing undies on the outside of his pants and I have to remind him when he goes to play with other kids to take them off. ha ha...
Anyway, its been a loooooooong day for Master Jacob, so we will bid you all goodnight...

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2004, 4:20 pm

my nickname is taz aswell :D -because i can be calm one minute, then a tornado the next!

TazDevil
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jul 2004, 3:24 am

todayiamhuman wrote:
my nickname is taz aswell :D -because i can be calm one minute, then a tornado the next!

That's so funny, there must be a load of Tazzie Devils among us...

Torley_Wong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2004, 4:48 am

I used to watch that show, Tasmania on TV... it was a spin-off of the Looney Tunes character, so Tazmanian Devil got a show all of his own. The theme song was catchy. I forget the lyrics, but it was something like "Come To Tasmania!" chanted really singsongedly. Funny stuff :)

A warm welcome to WrongPlanet.net, Taz and Mom :D

Ad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2009, 10:50 am

Hi, my name is Ad.
I have Aspergers and like superheroes too

Aspiegirl2001
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 11:18 am

Welcome to Wp