Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2005, 5:23 am

How many warnings equals a ban from Wrongplanet?

Just curious.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 5:54 am

Third warning, depending on circumstances, as far as I recall.

Dunc [who is glad he retired from keeping the peace here...]

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

ed
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 9:55 am

I don't think we should be all that anxious to ban anyone. :(

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2005, 11:45 am

I was hoping its three becuse I've had one warning and Eamonnn has two.

I was willing to risk getting banned myself to stop this. It woud be worth it to stop his endless bullying. At least SOMEONE woud benifit.

Eamonn is making a large number of threads impossible, you know it, I know it, the mods know it.

Its to the point of it ruining my, and not just my enjoyment of the fourum. Getting banned wouldn't be so bad if it stopped him, as if he keeps hijacking and trashing every thread he touches, there is no point in being here.

If the mods won't get rid of him, please can't someone re-initiate the "ignore" feature so the trolls can just be put into the bit bucket and easily ignored?

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 11:53 am

Do perpetrators eventually have their records wiped clean if they go on their best behavior after some warnings?

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 12:04 pm

Tak wrote:

I was willing to risk getting banned myself to stop this. It woud be worth it to stop his endless bullying. At least SOMEONE woud benifit.

Eamonn is making a large number of threads impossible, you know it, I know it, the mods know it.

Its to the point of it ruining my, and not just my enjoyment of the fourum. Getting banned wouldn't be so bad if it stopped him, as if he keeps hijacking and trashing every thread he touches, there is no point in being here.

If the mods won't get rid of him, please can't someone re-initiate the "ignore" feature so the trolls can just be put into the bit bucket and easily ignored?

What i want to know is how long can you continue to assasinate my character and try to draw me into an argument to get me banned without being banned yourself?I was and am planning on no longer contributing to the forums and leaving the site once things have calmed down but evidently you cant keep you're trap shut and feel the need to draw me into a flame war with quite a few insulting posts. You obviously cant leave things alone. Do you have nothing better to do with you're time than obsess over me?

There are a few people that have mentioned to me that they dont like you very much so stop being so self-righteous. You will most certainly be on a few ignore peoples list to ignore if they bring back the function but if you cant ignore me when im not posting anything then you obviously will find it too hard to put me on ignore without reading any of my postsand commencing another troll job. You have one active warning right now but overall you've had at least as much as me. These have been my first two.

Last edited by eamonn on 01 Oct 2005, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2005, 12:14 pm

eamonn wrote:
Tak wrote:

I am planning on no longer contributing to the forums and leaving the site once things have calmed down but evidently you cant keep you're trap shut and feel the need to draw me into a flame war with quite a few insulting posts. You obviously cant leave things alone. Do you have nothing better to do with you're time than obsess over me?

There are a few people that have mentioned to me that they dont like you very much so stop being so self-righteous. You will most certainly be on a few ignore peoples list to ignore if they bring back the function but if you cant ignore me when im not posting anything then you obviously will find it too hard to put me on ignore without reading any of my postsand commencing another troll job. You have one active warning right now but overall you've had at least as much as me. These have been my first two.

Hi Eamonn. : /

Enough said people?

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 1:55 pm

I would have thought it was a mods job to tell a member that has vowed to flame another member in an attempt to get to get him banned, to stop this, regardless of any personal feelings involved! Im pretty sure if i vowed to do this to another member and flamed this individual for a reaction a warning would commence! Not a post of the rules hinting how best to do this and that it is ok with the mods. Kind of like a copper turning a blind eye to lawbreaking if it is against those they dont like! :roll:

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2005, 2:33 pm

The only thing anyone is doing is calling you on your constant trolling and inflammatrory posts.

Its getting very tiresome, I'm not going to argue with you anymore, or use any language that may be termed as uncivil, or ridiculing.

Although giving you back what you are so keen to dish out is fun, I have to stop or I'm as big a distraction as you are. Playing your game is not the solution as it lowers me to your level. And in the end we both suffer.

I'm guessing you won't stop, or that you can't. But only time will tell, you have been handed more than enough rope to hang yourself and you don't need any more help from me.

I will call you on hate posts, civilly and politely, but I won't play your game anymore. All it did was annoy me and cost me sleep. And frankly, you are not worth it.

My apoligies to the moderators, and to the people who have had to sit through this silly s**t.

I will no longer fish the troll. Promise. :)

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 2:35 pm

OK OK Stop Children.

Tak - If your plan is to get Eamonn banned, it will backfire. Since you have declared your intent, we will be watching you very closely. If you do instigate an attack against Eamonn, we will treat you as severely as we treat him.

Eamonn - May I suggest that you do not post in a thread Tak created or talk to her in any way.

We the mods do look for who is instigating and determine what to do in that particular case. I am now going to lock this thread because it does not contribute to the community.

BTW - I have contacted Alex about this mess and will follow his instructions as soon as I get them.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate