We're migrating to the new version of Wrong Planet this week

Page 4 of 13 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm

The new site design looks great from the previews Alex

Off topic, but keep growing the beard out. It looks cool on you

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 6:23 pm

The new site looks fantastic, Alex! I'm also pleased to hear that everything will be migrated over to the new one as well. That means we don't all have to create all-new accounts or re-register, right?

Can't wait! :D And thanks!

mfs1013 wrote:
Will there be a mobile counterpart to this so I have an easier time accessing this from my iPhone?

Yeah, that would be awesome too! :)

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 9:04 pm

I had a look at the preview, it looks fantastic but out of curiousity, is the new forums using XenForo?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 10:58 pm

I'm very glad the glitches will soon be over!

I'll miss the colors here though, I always thought this forum looked so nice compared to other forums. Green and blue are my favorite colors :D
But the screen shots look very nice!

Will the new version have all the usable BBCodes shown in the "posting reply" window? If I hadn't seen other members using different text colors and letter sizes, I wouldn't have known those were available here.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 11:51 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
So my suggestion beyond the update, is to give people under you who will be active on the site, all the authority and capabilities possible to deal with site issues. I think you have to plan for your extended absence this time around. They also may need assistance/training to come up to speed knowledge-wise technically. But after that front load work, it should be more self sufficient.

Indeed, at the very least there should be a trusted second who has the necessary privileges to deal with those kind of issues if mr. Plank has to take an other extended leave from his website/forum.

AreUtalking2Me
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2014, 12:51 am

This is what catches my eye; the screenshots look more clean and professorial looking. Also, its more clean and has less clutter. Have to give the new website an A :) . Can't wait to try out the new format.

thechameleon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2014, 1:42 am

Any information on the chat?
I'm a fan of it, even with its faults and can't help but notice the lack of the 'chat' button on the new site. Will it still be accessible on wrongplanet.net?
ETC

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 2:20 am

Ooooo Shiny one!

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 3:25 am

Hooray

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 3:25 am

I will miss the old one. the calming benevolent blues and greens were what I came to love.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 4:11 am

If your hosts don't already have it installed, then using Google's pagespeed module for apache or nginx should help reduce unnecessary bandwidth use due to bloat in any html/css/javascript/images used in the site, keeping running costs down, as well as marginally speeding up downloads for users.

alex
Developer
Developer

16 Oct 2014, 5:13 am

mfs1013 wrote:
Will there be a mobile counterpart to this so I have an easier time accessing this from my iPhone?

yes, already answered

alex
Developer
Developer

16 Oct 2014, 5:22 am

Joe90 wrote:
I sometimes wish it wouldn't say ''Autism'' or ''Asperger's'' on the screen, because if I go on a computer in the public library and go on to this site, I always think that people who walk past are looking at my screen as they walk by to see what I'm doing, and I don't want people to know that I'm looking on an Autism site. I'm very private about it. I know people probably aren't looking at what I'm doing but it's just my paranoia that makes me feel that way.

doesn't say that on the new version.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 5:33 am

auntblabby wrote:
I will miss the old one. the calming benevolent blues and greens were what I came to love.

+1 :)

Its good to see an updated version, Cheers Alex.

Last edited by Amity on 16 Oct 2014, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 5:33 am

do you have any plans to fix aspie affection as well or is that an afterthought at this point?

alex
Developer
Developer

16 Oct 2014, 6:24 am

886 wrote:
do you have any plans to fix aspie affection as well or is that an afterthought at this point?

yes but that will be a while.