Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 2:32 am

Lately I feel forgotten on WP. I create a new thread and get little to no replies (except for the clubbing one). Or when I reply to a thread - whether it's my own or not - nobody sees my thread. I don't feel like I belong here any more. Even when I make a thread about an interest of mine (which is rare here), I get 0 replies, but lots of views, maybe even 100 or more.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just coincidence because of the noticeable lack of members? This forum sadly isn't the busy site it once was. Or is it because I'm British?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 1:09 pm

I think coincidence. It might not be that they are not interested in your topic but are so into other topics bieng discussed at that time

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 2:06 pm

You're cool. You haven't done anything wrong.

Sometimes, nobody replies to me, too.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 2:48 pm

I feel the same way. It seems to me everyone's ignoring me. Hardly anyone replies to my posts anymore, my threads get hardly any replies and a number of my most recent posts have killed threads. The internet and I have a long history of not getting along; I've been called "annoying", "an attention w****" and "a troll" by countless people on forums I've been on. But I haven't seen you say anything wrong on here, Joe90.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 5:42 pm

Catlover: you had lots of people who liked you here. Lots.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 6:54 pm

+1 to the feels

No one likes me in real life so I imagine no one likes me online but I guess I am here for me not other people. Its the only social life I have, literately, so posting makes me feel like I am not the only one in my universe because I kind of am. I don't think its possible to be more isolated then me. I think I have made some enemies here or at the very least screwed up socially but its cool cause people online can't hurt me. This is a safe space for me to screw up so thats why I am here. There are no complex emotions here. I don't know that I care if anyone likes me here, honestly I am surprised I am not banned or outcasted but it will probably happen so yay there is that to look forward too. Still the consequences of a social failure here is less then that of the world. There is a off switch here and if that doesn't work I can disassembly my computer so yeah, no one can hurt me. Words don't hurt me, violence towards and from the people I care about hurts and I think I have had enough of that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 7:03 pm

I think you're okay. A little rough at the edges. But okay.

You have a decent heart, which I suspect you don't like to reveal too often--because you'll feel exposed and vulnerable.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 7:06 pm

Fair enough,

I'll take that for what it is,

I'll try to tame my edges but I am sure I'll still be sharp because I probably only see half the blades you see.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 12:12 am

People ignore me all the time.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 12:17 am

i read your posts, but i am so different than you and so different in age and so far away, i never reply to what you say because i come from a different world.

but i rarely get replied to, and if i do, i consider it mainly a chore to address their reply.
what i like to do is just write what i think so that maybe in 20 years or more, if this site is still going, i can search my old posts and read with with nostalgia about the "way i used to be".

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 12:53 am

Happened to me to. And not just on this forum.

Sometimes its the other way around, i read a thread with 0 replies and thinks: Meh... dont feel like responding. Replies are voluntary.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 12:58 am

Hey dont worry, i feel the same too! feel like i end up closing threads! lol... Have even been called stupid after expressing in my way how i felt about something.. Goes with the territory i think!.... maybe last post in this thread!? Surprise me! lol

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 8:42 am

Joe90 I think this is just normal stuff that happens to us all, truly. Personally I find this site to be so huge, with so many topics, particularly if I've been gone for a couple of days, then I come back here to see there are 10 pages in the "View Posts Since Last Visit" updates, that there is too much to even look through or that I want to respond to. So I just pick random things among the ones that interest me or that I relate to. I miss reading many of the new topics even posted because there are such a lot. I relate to quite a bit of your posts though!

When it feels like nobody has responded to your topic or replied in a post you've made on someone else's, try not to take it personally. I think of myself as a "Threadkiller" because very often my contribution is the last one in the thread and suddenly nobody else add to that thread, lol! Even if it's just normal friendly stuff like "I like that brand of coffee too"!

I think everyone who ever posted on the internet has wondered if they're a thread-killer; it's just normal stuff that happens.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 2:15 pm

Actually, I've often wondered if I was a thread-killer too. I see a thread that's been hovering at the top of one of the popular forums like the GAD for days, then when I finally make a reply, the thread suddenly dies.

But, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. It's just that for a member who has been making frequent posts for 6 years and has over 11, 000 posts, I thought I'd be more...(can't think of the word). But, it doesn't matter. Like a couple of members on this thread have said, these things happen on internet forums. So please don't think "oh God, we must reply to Joe90's posts!" I was not implying that when I made this thread. :)

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 5:34 pm

I feel you Joe.

I had the same feeling a couple weeks ago, looking through the View Your Posts search and seeing how many threads I'd posted in hadn't got a reply since my last post.

I even posted about it, I think in the What's On Your Mind thread, or maybe the something that made you unhappy post.

Don't let it worry you, though, I'm sure it's nothing personal from any of us.

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 5:52 pm

People don't usually respond to me, either.