These captchas are BROKEN and are really irritating me!

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2015, 9:09 pm

I've been trying to send PMs to an other member on this website but I can't because every time I submit my message it takes me to one of those DUMB captcha things and I put it in correctly but then it takes me back to the message section and my message box is EMPTY AGAIN so I have to copy and paste my message in then the exact same thing happens over and over. It's stuck in a $%$$% LOOP!!

Please, how the hell do I fix this?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 9:16 pm

i have the same problem when trying to post a comment. i do the captcha and when i get back to the post, it's empty. sometimes, if i use the back button, i can get back to my post, do the captcha on it again and it posts. it's a pain. i wish there were no captcha's here. facebook and twitter don't have them and they're fine.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2015, 9:19 pm

cathylynn wrote:
i have the same problem when trying to post a comment. i do the captcha and when i get back to the post, it's empty. sometimes, if i use the back button, i can get back to my post, do the captcha on it again and it posts. it's a pain. i wish there were no captcha's here. facebook and twitter don't have them and they're fine.

Uhg...How the hell am I supposed to message anyone now -________________________-

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2015, 9:22 pm

Like, I literally cannot send messages to anyone. WTH?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 1:27 am

^ It's often just a very small element of the post that causes the problem, such as a quote or a link to another thread. Take that out and the post can go through straightaway, sometimes without the CAPTCHA showing any further interest. But of course you shouldn't have to do that.....

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2015, 3:42 am

xile123 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

Uhg...How the hell am I supposed to message anyone now -________________________-

Nothing will be fixed...ever
and i'm an optimist

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 1:16 am

it's not just PMs and posts either. i remember attempting to use a mod tool to communicate with a member and being bloked (not forced through a captcha, but being blocked entirely) by cloudflare, and the PM, by backup plan was also denied access.

i had to take a screenshot of what i wanted to send, and PM it that way.

a screenshot.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 1:20 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
it's not just PMs and posts either. i remember attempting to use a mod tool to communicate with a member and being bloked (not forced through a captcha, but being blocked entirely) by cloudflare, and the PM, by backup plan was also denied access.

i had to take a screenshot of what i wanted to send, and PM it that way.

a screenshot.

quite discouraging isn't it

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 1:54 am

yep.

it had to be done, though. dead serious.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 2:57 am

Can we get a new forum for complaining about CAPTCHA? It would be more popular than Stats...

- Rick Sanchez

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 2:59 am

And the one for foreign languages.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 8:31 am

slave wrote:
Nothing will be fixed...ever
and i'm an optimist

Agreed. I'm a realist.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 8:43 am

Dox47 wrote:
Can we get a new forum for complaining about CAPTCHA? It would be more popular than Stats...

Agreed. At least it might actually receive some attention from someone who could actually do something.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 12:23 pm

The captcha thing is irritating. I run into it almost every time I post, and I don't post a lot of links or quotes. Usually if I'm quoting someone, it's my kids or another relative, and that shouldn't be a copyright issue.

Usually I can solve it by using the back arrow once the first captcha kicks me back to a blank screen. I can recover my text and the second captcha generally works like it's supposed to.

It is irritating, though. Very.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 12:00 pm

I just tried to make a new post in the Parents Forum. It was rather lengthy, and the captcha problem made it disappear. This is not the first time this has happened. It's pretty frustrating to pour one's heart out over a personal problem and then have it erased by a well-known glitch that WP apparently can't be bothered to fix.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 6:22 pm

Every time I cancel a post I am asked for verication sometimes multiple times. I am clueless about the thinking behind this.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman