Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Nov 2005, 4:36 pm

My internet addiction has gotten out of hand, and it's really interfering with my grades and working (not at Wal-Mart, fortunately). This is college, for crying out loud. I'm still thinking I'm on my summer vacation and I'm not working hard enough. Yeah, there's nothing any of you guys can do anything about it, but I think I'm in need of serious help..... :cry:

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 6:09 pm

ditto, I have 2 papers due tomarrow (though I know exactally what Im going to write on both of them) and here I am.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 7:15 pm

Gosh, does this sound familiar. I went through the same thing in the spring of 1996. I ended up dropping one class and taking a D in another. Unfortunately I do not have a solution for it other than time.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2005, 7:24 pm

same problem, but ive learned to cope with it.

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2005, 10:21 pm

I do the same thing. I still gt my work done though, I just get stressed about it, and i produce slighly inferior quality due to time constraints.
Simple solution is to litterally lose sleep over it.
Also, when I don't have wok on the computer I can solve the issue by turning it off.

Once I get started on work though I can work right though, it's getting started that's the problem.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 2:30 am

Well I can only do one thing at once. Right now 4 months world of warcraft, after that, delete all subs, and focus on school.

CleverCait
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2005, 3:45 am

I can soooo relate to this.

Working for six hours in a busy store means I need lots of "down time" so I can relax and not go crazy. Unfortunately, I really should be spending my down time on homework instead of message boards, games, and chatting.

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 4:00 pm

I can definitely relate to that.

I usually don't do my work until the very last minute. I find it actually makes my life less stressful, since by procrastinating I get to do more relating things.

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Nov 2005, 8:02 am

Larval wrote:

I usually don't do my work until the very last minute. I find it actually makes my life less stressful, since by procrastinating I get to do more relating things.

Really? I found it makes my life even more stressful..... :?

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 1:10 pm

Seanybaby wrote:
Larval wrote:

Really? I found it makes my life even more stressful..... :?

Well, it makes my life a lot less stressful cuz i don't worry at all until the unwritten paper is due in 12 hours, then i have a nervous breakdown. :D

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 1:54 pm

Larval wrote:
Well, it makes my life a lot less stressful cuz i don't worry at all until the unwritten paper is due in 12 hours, then i have a nervous breakdown. :D

Wow I wish that I started to worry that soon. I usually start to worry when the paper is due in two hours.

Y

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

pbkolstimm
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Nov 2005, 6:18 pm

Just do not worry about school work because it will work your body and hurt your mind. I usually leave my work until 4, three, or sometimes 2 hours before it is due and manage to throw something together (and if it is research with sources I make up my own sources). I do not even know why I am even giving advice on college school work ethic.... . . I think i need to change my handle to the greatprocrastinator! I hate due dates and deadlines :evil:

Hope that advice does something for you

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2005, 9:14 pm

pbkolstimm wrote:
(and if it is research with sources I make up my own sources).

That is highly unethical.

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2005, 9:17 pm

To be fair it is finding the right sources, and enough of them, and on time, that I have trouble dealing with the most.

They really are a pain in the butt.

Cybertooth85
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2005, 1:58 am

When I'm spending too much time in front of my computer instead of opening notebooks and spirals for readig, etc. I leave my private space (dorm room) and head to another area that has relative quiet and seclusion (it's a library for me, but if you can find another place, that's fine too).

The important thing is that the only activity you can do in this new space is work, whether it's enjoyable or not. It's all that will keep your mind from going loopy, and it's just sitting there, NEEDING to be done, so you painfully do it.

That's how I get the hard assignments done. (though sometimes I need my computer for the Favorites I have in my links for research. then it'sa b***h to write papers.)