Am I the only Psychology major in this site?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cthulhureqiuem
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2012, 9:44 am

heck no i am just about finished with my BA in psychology... though im planning on taking a break before going on to get my masters degree in it.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm

im not in college yet, but im a Senior in high school and im currently doing my paperwork for financial aid but im going to be majoring in Philosophy my goal is for a PhD and i want to become a Philosophy Professor at Oxford, after i get my PhD i want to work on degrees in Psychology, as well as Biology, and Gerontology, maybe a few others also but i want to reach my first goal before i attempt the others, i am intending to spend my whole life in Academia, and because im a Transhumanist i firmly believe that within the next 10-20 years the average human lifespan will be 1200 years if not longer, current medical research seems to support this train of thought and it has a backing among the science community, mainly college professors and researchers most with PhDs. after i get PhD in Philosophy Psychology is one of the first subjects i want to further my education in.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 9:39 pm

I'm getting a BS in it.
Will have to have a clinical practice at some point to feed myself and Fat Cat while I'm in graduate school.
Oy vey.

to his Interest."

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 9:41 pm

If I was still in college I'd probably go for a double major in psychology and sociology, but that didn't work out.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 2:18 pm

I've just finished the course work for my B.A. in Psychology....and was quite obsessed with psychopathology for a while.............also there was an AS support group at my uni and 2 other aspies in the group were Psych majors. :)

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 4:08 am

I'm double majoring psychology and linguistics.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

I'm getting my B.S. in psychology next year. Hopefully I'm applying to Ph.D programs this year.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 5:35 pm

I wanted to at one point but soon decided not after seeing a BA takes like 15 credit hours of a foreign language.

Intravenus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2012, 8:50 am

I'm starting a home learning degree in Psychology this year, I'm really excited! I'm hoping to get a job as an Assistant Forensic Psychologist once I have my degree and then hopefully whoever I work for will pay for me to study further to become a fully fledged Forensic Psychologist.
I'd love to work with quite serious offenders in prisons really. The mindset of those types of people fascinate me.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 1:07 pm

Many people here are psych majors :)

Interesting to see that its not all maths and sciences type stuff ..breaks the AS stereotype.

I'm an Anthropology/Archaeology major. I try to figure out the psychology of dead people by digging up their stuff. Woohooo!

chrisg460
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2012, 3:41 pm

Just to prove I could I ended up doing first and further degrees in psychology, not so much the mathematical aspects such as experimental or purely cognitive, but studying more of the social and medical aspects because paradoxically against the stereotype maths and me don't get on. I used to think it was because it was purely out of scientific interest. Since then having previously considered myself as just having some traits but now being recently diagnosed Asperger, I can look back and see some of this interest was possibly part of my trying to work out why people did what they did and how they ticked,. Since then having been working in mental health and seeing other people with AS (either known to them or suspected) who also have this interest in psychology I can see for some people there is this fascination with people and behaviour that might fit that male female AS difference the previous poster suggested. Like the 'alien in the playground' perhaps, there is the desire to experiment or learn how people tick. I wonder if any one else sees this as logical or 'obvious'

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 9:15 pm

My dad and his sister are both psychology majors and have some aspie traits. I always thought that psychology appealed to aspies, possibly because they think it could help them understand why they are so strange. I am also interested in it, but not as a career.

My dad double majored in computer science and psychology. Psychology interested him more but he had started a family before he could start on his masters, and he figured he could make more money with an undergraduate degree in computer science than a PhD in psychology, so he went with that.

My Aunt is a psychology professor who teaches about sexual stuff.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2012, 2:20 am

I studied psychology the first time around in college, mainly because I wanted to know what made people tick. This time, as I go back to school, I'm going for a teaching degree then head into some kind of behavioral therapy or special education Masters. I should be geting off my butt and look for a place that trains ABA's.

Figuring out the mind is like putting together and figuring out the greatest puzzle ever. And if you can visualize a thought process, it's cool stuff.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 8:20 am

Studying, but it's a bit s**t. :/

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

Another Psych major here, in third year. Been intensely interested in the subject since high school.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term therapists - that I am an anxious and highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder.

My diagnoses - social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Musicluv90
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

I'm a business major, but I hate it. I love psychology, most specifically Industrial Organization Psychology.