Page 7 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

nokosage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2012, 9:59 pm

Computing! Nothing can beat the satisfaction gained from running a completed piece of code for the first time :D
I also have a strong interest in psychology, but it's usually in aspects distanced from what is learnt in lessons.

minliu
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm

English, music and home economics :)

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

Maths, computing, biology and chemistry.

MissMubs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Oct 2012, 1:06 am

Chemistry, biology, biochemistry, computer science... Basically all sciences! But not physics :/ And I absolutely hate humanities and social sciences they bore me >.<

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2012, 1:30 am

Biology, no... Physics.... Wait, chemistry... Actually, geography. I don't even know. Ok, biology since it was the first one to appear in my mind.

Alanah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

English and History!

qwertyuiop1994
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2012, 2:09 pm

PHYSICS!! !! ! :)

Kaiteeinradioland
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2012, 6:49 pm

Psychology, History, Geography and English

gosferano
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2012, 2:26 pm

Programming and maths are my favorite. My least favorite are history and literature.

Milon_Augustus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Oct 2012, 11:22 pm

History and Literature :)

kinako2
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2012, 8:02 pm

In school I excelled at Science, Art, and English. Those three subjects were really easy. Math, I hated and did poorly in (which is really odd considering the spectrum). PE, hated. Music and history, no preference, no particular talent for.

However shortly after joining the Army, illustration suddenly became very easy; sciences and English stayed the same. As a programmer though my left-brain began to develop a bit but still hated math with a passion. I used to rattle off the horsepower, torque and other specs of my favorite supercars and sportbikes instantly. Was in very good shape but still despised PT. Tried to pick up guitar to no avail...

Now, having swirled through a succession of careers with wildly differing skillsets, I find deep-tissue bodywork very challenging but really seriously love it. My Aspie self loves rattling off muscle names, origin/insertions and pathologies and being able to spatially 'see' muscles I work, as well as the professional boundaries; my APD is subdued from constant interaction and communication and seeing the fruits of which when they leave with less pain and more freedom to do what makes them happy. Still hate math, which is prolly why I'm not an astronomer. Ah well... :)

applesauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2012, 4:11 pm

It would be really interesting to do a poll on this, and also with girls and boys and whether girls generally have different favourites from guys. I say this because I am so sick to death of getting "you're autistic, you must like maths and science" from people -_-. I admit, I did like maths in school, but I also have dyscalculia, and can't remember phone numbers, so erm...no.

My favourite subjects have always been history and languages. Mediaeval history - England and Japan. I've studied Spanish, German and French at school, and I taught myself Japanese then went and did my MA in it, so studied Classical Japanese as well.

I adore Japanese and Japanese history and early literature, so probably that's my cumulative top subject. My areas of focus have been representation and conceptualisation of monarchy and characterisation and vague, very UN-defined elements.

Also creative writing. That's my other great love.

No science or maths stereotypes here ;) Sorry Big Bang Theory. ;) I have a creative, theoretical mind, NOT one given to static calculations.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 11:47 pm

My favorite course in uni was anatomical drawing. I was an art major. I found it disappointing how few senior level studio courses there were that taught factual, technical information like that. In recent years I wonder if I made a mistake in my choice of degree. I'm skilled at drawing, but I hate it. Hate it! Never want to touch pencil to paper ever again. It's all tied up with my psychological problems now, especially the OCD. Drives me crazy getting caught for hours on tiny details. Then trying to meet deadlines when I've attempted to do it professionally since finishing my BFa, losing my mind. All a shambles. I used to love it. I think. I loved the challenge, probably, and not so much the actual act of doing the work.

My current job is in no way related to my qualifications.

DarkSideVampire
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2012, 3:05 pm

I really like english :)

Romedidm
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2012, 3:26 pm

I am majoring in Religion and Elementary Education at Liberty University. I especially love theology classes and science classes. But, having different formats for papers in different fields really breaks me down.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 10:16 am

Geometry.