Online College Courses For Aspies!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Cassidy
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2012, 6:14 pm

Hey! I'm Cassidy! I'm 18 and just graduated high school. I'm looking for some online courses for people with Asperger's. I can't drive and I live with my parents so I'm looking for some college options online.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 7:24 pm

Online college can be a good idea, but be careful.

Make sure you get an accredited college. Avoid places that say credits wont' transfer to schools.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 2:35 pm

I've taken a lot of online courses but found I actually prefer traditional ones. Online courses take really good time management skills. It's harder to stay motivated, plus I prefer learning by listening to a lecture to learning by reading. Some profs also seem to slack off when teaching online courses.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

We need to know what you want to study.

Romedidm
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

It would help if we knew what you were interested in. I failed everything in actual classrooms. Being a Christian, I started attending Liberty University Online and it has been great. The work is challenging enough, sometimes very tough, but all classes adhere to basically the same format within the same degree program. You learn what to do, and that's how it's done. There are always a few professors that just have to be different, but it was workable and I made it though. They have lots of options for majors too.