Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MissMoneypenny
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2013, 12:38 pm

The ones at our school were dreadful because:

1. Most of the locks on the doors were broken. Anyone could come barging in (and they often did).

2. Everyone could hear everything you were doing inside a stall.

3. The partitions weren't high enough, so someone could walk into the next stall, stand on the toilet and look over the top at you (and they often did).

4. The toilet paper was horrible, like little squares of greaseproof paper that weren't absorbent and didn't do the job.

5. In those days, there was no such thing as CCTV cameras in the common area of the bathrooms, and the teachers didn't inspect/police them frequently enough. Consequently, they were a favourite hang-out for all the nastiest girls who would be in there smoking and bullying anyone who went in there who they didn't like. If you really had to use them it was a case of going around the different school buildings to find an empty bathroom.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

The ones at my school are kept fairly clean. At least in my faculty's building. I am in theology, and we have a small student body at the school with a building all to ourselves.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Wheatthins
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jan 2013, 9:41 am

I think everyone including NT people are at least mildly disgusted by public bathrooms. Never could force myself to #2 in a public place except for emergency's. Urinals are a bit better , except for those unspoken rules about always having a space between you and the next person and always trying to take the one closest to the door. Thank god it doesn't apply in bars when your piss drunk or I woulda had my ass handed to me long ago. :P

wiley2012
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2013, 11:41 am

The high school bathrooms I hated. They smelled awful and could make me sick. Sometimes during a lunch period I'd have to sneak to another non-main restroom to use, otherwise I'd just hold it in. Elementary and middle school bathrooms weren't too bad, though...

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 12:54 pm

I only use the public toilets at my school when absolutely necessary. Whenever possible, I try to use the staff or disabled toilets.

rickith
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2013, 1:39 pm

Yugh, the smell of urine, I always avoided bathrooms at school because of that. I had no trouble holding it untill I got home, I think I can count the number of times I went to a bathroom at school on one hand.

AWESOMENESSFTW4444
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2013, 8:16 pm

I try to hold it in as much as possible at school. (Only went once when I forgot to eat after taking ADHD meds.)
Anyway, one thing I'll never understand about 95% of the girls who use the school bathrooms: Why they absolutely MUST know who's in the 3rd stall. (As if I care about they 40 year old that flirted with them. I just want to do my business and leave.)

And yes, I did draw my profile picture. I have more work on deviantart, but it's VERY old. I might just poster newer work on here.

crush500
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2013, 7:56 pm

I try to hold off using the bathroom as long as possible. I absolutely hate using the bathroom in public restrooms. It's just one of those daily struggles that most people have no clue about.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 11:23 pm

I hate restrooms that are dirty and smelly, and have dirty toilets and sinks, and grimy tile walls and floors. I refuse to defecate in such bathrooms. My elementary, middle and high schools had the most disgusting old-looking bathrooms.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2013, 11:05 pm

littlelily613 wrote:
The ones at my school are kept fairly clean. At least in my faculty's building. I am in theology, and we have a small student body at the school with a building all to ourselves.

I think the less people who are sharing a bathroom, the more considerate others that they will be. My suitemates and I are in charge of cleaning our bathroom and we're good about it.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:23 am

Ugh, I hate public bathrooms in general. Especially the ones at the park. I will go to lengths to find a decent bathroom. Generally bathrooms in hotels, nice areas, nice stores are decent. I remember in school, some were decent others werent so much. So I typically stuck to the bathrooms I was comfortable with.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:28 am

I hate all public bathrooms lol. Particularly urinals, I can't bring myself to do my business in such close proximity to someone else.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:33 am

tcorrielus wrote:
I hate restrooms that are dirty and smelly, and have dirty toilets and sinks, and grimy tile walls and floors. I refuse to defecate in such bathrooms. My elementary, middle and high schools had the most disgusting old-looking bathrooms.

The worst I ever saw was at a gas station in Houston.

I was doing all I could to hold it in and was afraid that I was going to pee my pants at any second.

I opened the door and started to walk in when I was hit by a stench that even I could smell (I had lost most of my sense of smell by then). Someone with a full sense of smell would probably have been retching violently within seconds.

Apparently the homeless would go in their at night and leave little piles all over the floor.

I got back in my car and drove on. I would rather have peed my pants than to enter that bathroom.

I ended up suddenly deciding to eat lunch at a restaurant a few blocks away so that I could go to the bathroom in there before eating.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:23 pm

MissMoneypenny wrote:
Consequently, they were a favourite hang-out for all the nastiest girls who would be in there smoking and bullying anyone who went in there who they didn't like. If you really had to use them it was a case of going around the different school buildings to find an empty bathroom.

I was falsely accused of being a rat by two students in the washroom who were being punished for vandalizing it the week before who were the spawn of Satan and what's worse I was cornered in there. How I managed to get out I'll never know but ironically enough, despite being a goodie two shoes I was so mad at how the admin treated my bullying complaints I wanted to help them vandalize it if not for having ultra-strict parents.

TripleJ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2013, 9:10 pm

Our school bathrooms are different. Some are extremely clean and nice. Others are terrible. The wierd part is no one hangs out in the bathroom (not even cliquey girls). It is always the halls that have the most crowds.

Urist
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2013, 2:34 pm

Some of them are okay. There's one in my school which is just one, more or less proper bathroom. It's actually quite pleasant and gives me a break from the incessant noise of school. All of the other bathrooms have the standard cubicles and urinals. They tend to be much less agreeable, generally very filthy and are often home to confusing homoerotic displays at the urinals. Nonetheless, they serve their purpose and I've definitely seen worse. Portable toilets and roadside bathrooms in particular.