Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2013, 4:23 am

I am great at maths but bad with social skills. NTs are the opposite. I direct my high maths marks with my Asperger's syndrome. I didn't study last term and still got an A+. All the formulas and things just stick around in my mind. But on the other hand my social skills are awful there are so many loud NTs at my school that I cant comprehend especially this girl named Taylor she never talks she yells swears every minute she's awake and touches everyone.

AnotherCatPerson
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2013, 11:58 am

You should be proud to have AS because it makes you who you and not only because you're good at math. :D Not all NT's are bad at math and not all NT's are good at socializing. In the end it doesn't even matter, as long as we're content with ourselves. :D

Oh the memories, I always had these noisy girls in my class who screamed whenever they has a chance to do so.
Glad I was allowed to wear earphones all the time.

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2013, 5:25 pm

Maybe I should wear my head phones at recess lol. I can say to those girls sorry I cant hear you.

Beej
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2013, 8:07 am

There's nothing wrong with being proud of who you are. Being aspie just means you think differently to NTs, thus making you more unique. :) it's better to be proud than to be ashamed.

BrokenTrumpet
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2013, 9:59 pm

This is why I like to think of Asperger's as more of a personality modifier than a disability: it causes deficiencies in some parts of the mind, but empowers other areas at the same time. It's a much better deal than many of the other mental problems out there.

And you're not alone ACP, noisy girls were the thing I hated most about the school bus. Getting a car for the last leg of high school was a relief.

Yaeba
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2013, 4:31 pm

Just wondering, what are NTs?

slushy9
Raven
Raven

01 Jul 2013, 10:19 am

im really smart at math—they might be savant-caliber skills. I always get 99s in class even tho I rarely study. Everyone jealous of me at school but life is life. Thinking of becoming Google programmer or professor :nerdy:

skcuf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2013, 1:52 pm

Yaeba wrote:

Neurotypical

Gracey72
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2013, 5:42 am

Yaeba wrote:

Neurotypicals - non-autisics. Neuro means the CNS especially the brain and I think you know what typical means. It's a made up word by aspies. I like it - it's better than saying "normals"