Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Sawke
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Sep 2016, 8:30 pm

From what I learned, Aspergers and NVLD (non verbal learning disorder) which is what i have involves having a literal mind. I was wondering, since i could not find any studies about this. Does that mean that dreams more often than not will be literal? most of my dreams aren't too out of the ordinary, the most bizarre that would happen would be zombies, or a painting moving. But usually it is likely this:

I find a empty restaurant, a waiter is setting up it is just opening. I sit at the bar and order a plate of chicken wings, then I ask something about their pina coladas. I eat and drink alone, some random guy talks to me a bit slightly hitting on me, I engage him for a bit (i'm female irl) he leaves and I go back to my chicken wings.

So ya, nothing too bizarre, but i'm also not the type of hide my true feelings from my self so if dreams are manifestations of repressed feelings, then i haven't got much of that. So what do you all dream about?

xraydave
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2016, 10:23 am

I dont have that.
My dreams are so bizarre , i sometimes even dream with my eyes open. which is like sleep paralysis but a bit more bizarre then that.
Actually, it is more reflective of your personality structure. So aspergers people dont necessarily have a completely different set of personality traits from normal people, we just exhibit the same personality traits in different ways.

so although my literal mind is at work, m dreams are dreamwork and still require intense psychoanalysis, just like everybody else's.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 11:01 am

I wonder.
My dreams are logical and clear like reality but they look like movies and can involve the supernatural. I have had a lot of dreams involving ghosts, vampires, supernatural beings - and usually I am even one of them. Actually most of my dreams involve something supernatural. And even in my normal dreams I rarely dream about my normal life.

For example the dream I had tonight was one of most normal (down to earth) dreams I had.

I was attending a school and a 3 year old orphaned girl was there so teachers asked is someone can take her home. I agreed. I brought her home, gave food, prepared a bed for her and was planning to go shopping soon so she has more clothes. I figured my parents might adopt her and she might go along with my godsister because they are the same age.
She was very smart and obedient kid. She listened to what I was telling her to do and didn't cry at all despite being so alone and helpless. But soon another person come to our door - a 8-10 year old boy. Brother of the girl. He insisted he is going to live with us too. There was something bad about him. I sensed he is sociopath or maybe a demon? He was definitely evil.

Next morning the girl got hurt but couldn't explain what happened(it looked like she got basically f****d though :? ) and some other stuff happened. I have no idea what he did but when I left the room my parents were not my parents(they looked differently and behaved like snobs) and the only clothes I could find to change from my pajamas were unknown black clothes and very uncomfortable gray shoes. I needed to go to school so I put them on and went to bus stop but I had to take the shoes off soon and go barefeet because they hurt my feet too much. I figured I gotta tell the school we can take care of the girl but the boy must go away because he hurts both us and his sister and he needs some special care in a place designed to dangerous people.

I believed my parents will get back to normal as soon as that evil being stops influencing them. I could definitely sense evil waves from him and I knew it's all his fault and he probably killed his own parents before making himself and his sister orphans. I also wondered why I was the only one unaffected and I was scared it might affect me eventually so I wanted to get rid of the boy as soon as possible. But at the same time I was curious if I couldn't actually win against him and teach him how to behave.

I didn't have the memory but I actually dealt with similar beings in many dreams before - by realizing I am just like them and using the same tricks they did on them. It was a pattern that could easily happen again if I decided to get involved with him instead of getting rid of him and I subconsciously knew that.

BTW. My dream is pretty easy to interpret if you know that child in dream usually mean some projects and the age of a child is the age of a project and you know what is happening with my life.
3 year old - I started my IT school 3 years ago and finished it this year. My life was pretty careless when I was attending the school.
8-10 year old - I become an adult 9 years ago.
Right now - I am stressing because I am an adult and I am supposed to get a job and I would like to leave my parents house and I am currently waiting for a job interview phone call which stresses me out and isn't even in the field of IT. And it involves wearing an uniform and uncomfortable shoes! I am freaking out because of that but my parents are happy because I will be bringing money home.
Basically being an adult doesn't let me be happy about what I learned last 3 years and make use of this because I am being bothered by a job with uniform and my parents are all about the money... :lol:

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 2:00 pm

I often have interesting dreams, though I don't know if they qualify as bizarre. I don't try to interperet them.

One time, I dreamed that my school building was made of cardboard. There was a pig standing on the stairs, and he was making the whole building shake. I begged the pig to stop shaking the building, but that just made him shake it even more.

Another time, I dreamed that my parents gave me a baby brother, but he looked like a doll. We were visiting our relatives, whose home was on the 8th floor in a building. Since he looked and felt like a doll, I threw him out of the window. My dad saw me and was like I can't believe you killed your own brother! Wait 'til your mother hears about this! I was like I didn't know he was actually alive! I'm sorry!

Another time, I dreamed about dancing bacon.

Sawke
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2016, 5:18 pm

xraydave wrote:
I dont have that.
My dreams are so bizarre , i sometimes even dream with my eyes open. which is like sleep paralysis but a bit more bizarre then that.
Actually, it is more reflective of your personality structure. So aspergers people dont necessarily have a completely different set of personality traits from normal people, we just exhibit the same personality traits in different ways.

so although my literal mind is at work, m dreams are dreamwork and still require intense psychoanalysis, just like everybody else's.

I read that aspergers people and nvld people are more likely to have anxiety from social issues more often than not, but also probably as just part of the disorder. Wouldn't that then produce more dramatic and possibly disturbing nightmares? My sister and i have similar anxieties about death and our dreams often are about the supernatural, death, or something unknown looming over us.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 6:30 pm

My dreams make no logical sense, and I like them that way, since I'm not logical at all.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2016, 4:00 am

Nightmares, nothing but nightmares. Sometimes they're pretty literal. For instance, having my teeth turn to mush or just falling out. I'm paranoid about my teeth going all to hell, so that kind of nightmare is pretty easy to figure out. Sometimes I'm back at school, and failing. Sometimes I'm being killed by terrorists. And a lot of the time it's just bizarre nonsense that makes no sense, but is really stressful.

Honestly, I sometimes get scared to go to sleep.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 12:39 am

I have a lot of crazy dreams, plus a lot of dreams that are relatively "normal" for dreams.

I tend to dream about other people a lot. Usually, I'm in some sort of conflict situation with them. Another thing I dream about a lot is being lost, which is probably just bad karma because I made fun of someone for getting lost a couple years ago and he got kind of mad at me. And I did it a lot behind his back. Sometimes, I dream about doing something bad, even if in real life, it wouldn't be bad. Like a couple weeks ago, I dreamed that I threw a ball into the ocean from a cliff and that apparently was a horrible crime. School is another thing I dream about, this is probably the most common theme. Many times in these dreams, I have failed an exam.

I find my dreams change as I get older. As a young child, I would dream about animals a lot. As a young teen, I dreamed about death and celebrities a lot, as I got into my older teens, I started to dream about school more, which continued into my young adulthood, and I started to dream about conflict more.

My dreams are related to my fears. I'm afraid of death and failure and I am a very ethical person and terrified of doing something bad. The conflict theme is probably related to my social phobia if anything.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 12:39 pm

I spend most of my sleep time solving puzzles or problems of all types. If I was thinking very hard about a particular problem right before I go to bed, I am usually working on that problem during the night also. It can make me restless though and I have been known to sleepwalk during those times. Many times, I wake up with the answer that I was searching for.