I'm really begining to hate going to eat...

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2004, 6:25 pm

Seems that going to eat for me in the evenings has always been the biggest headache for me.

Tonight I got my dinner and sat down at a table in a quiet spot of dinning area and was eating my dinner when a guy and gal took a table kiddie-corner from the one I was sitting at. Almost immediately they took notice of me as I was eating.

As in situations like this, I have no idea why people act they way they do, however the guy taps the girl on the shoulder and points her attention to me and says something to her. She turns back to the guy and as I watched them out of the corner of my eye, they both started to chuckle. Everynow and then the girl would turn her head towards me and turn back chuckling.

This made me rather upset, these are people who should know better, but yet they continue to act on their childish instincts.

This is the third such incident this semester where I was aware of people pointing me out for their amusement.

thank god I have a week left, then six weeks off for semester break.

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2004, 6:52 pm

I hate cafeterias too. :/

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2004, 8:09 pm

In my cafeteria, I usually face a direction that leaves me staringright at this obnoxious boy who doesn't understand me at all. He asks why I stare. Doesn't he know it's the way I sit?

:!: Mich :?:

followMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2004, 11:21 pm

i'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. i hate going out to eat too. in fact, i rarely sit down and eat at a restaurant unless i'm with at least one other person. when i ate at the college cafeteria everyday, i would usually try to sit at a table where i was acquainted with at least one person sitting there. i usually wouldn't join the group's conversation, but it appeared like i being sociable. people didn't look down on me or feel sorry for me because i was sitting by myself. if i couldn't find someone i knew to sit with, then i would take my food to my room. of course my experience might be different from yours. i went to a small college where pretty much all the students knew each other by face, if not by name.

a lot of NT's see eating as a social event and don't understand why anyone would want to eat alone. most college-aged kids aren't very mature about accepting people's differences, overgrown high school students really. i wouldn't worry about those idiots. people like that are always going to be around, laughing at people who are different.

NanoTy
Raven
Raven

10 Dec 2004, 1:23 am

This really hasn't happened to me, but I think I can understand how it could. At my college, eating alone is viewed as not being in any way abnormal and is pretty much the norm. You always see people eating together and I do as well ocassionally, but it really isn't possible to always eat with someone else that you know when everyone has a different schedule.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2004, 6:39 am

People are pathetic, it's a pity you have to be with ones that haven't grown up.

I eat alone all the time, and it's not because I want to, it's because I get hungry in a public place in the middle of doing something else. It's quite common for people to do.

As mum put it, "some people never grow up".

Those sort of people i'm awfully tempted to ask them what the *beep* they're laughing at but it will not help the situation.

You're better than them. If their lives are so pathetic and low they have to laugh at others to get amusement, I really do pity them.

Do you have to eat there? Or can you take out, get your own dinner maybe?

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2004, 10:38 am

I gonna bring up this issue in couseling today. There's something about me that draws undue negative attention from complete strangers. It happened alot in school, and it's still happening here at college.

And I for the life of me have no idea why.

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2004, 1:53 pm

I get that sometimes. I used to get treated like that all the time.
I share Hale_bopp's aggressive opinion on people like that but I actually will ask them what the **** is their problem.

If someone starts whispering about me I get in their face and ask them that whatever they have to say they can say it right to my face. Most of them walk away from me and I yell at them as they continue on their pathetic way...or else! Sometimes they jump back at me and say something.
This anger is amplified by the fact that I was abused really bad like that in my school days. I used to sit there and get really hurt by people like that and then go home and spew my anger out on my family and trash my room. Girls used to do that alot more than boys and maybe that explains my certain fear of women that are close to my own age.

Bashful
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2005, 3:17 am

I eat alone all the time and I get extremely nervous when at my college all the tables are full when I bring my lunch from home. Usually I would wait when I bring my lunch from home for the majority of the people to finish eating then when I check the dining room out again through the doorway and the majority of the people have left, then I choose a table to where I'm facing a wall in a corner that is the most further from all the others then I start eating.

Lately I have been eating out at restaurant like McDonald's and Wendy's on times when it is not crowded where I can eat alone.

Eating in the cafeteria where there are a lot of people at a university seems like a nightmare for me. Eating alone at my college is normal and I see people who eat alone all the time.

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience and I hope things get a lot better for you.

macvincent
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2005, 7:30 pm

I've had a similar experience as of late: I was just sitting at my table eating lunch when this kid started staring at me and making comments at me, just to be intimidating. I would sit somewhere else but there is no where else for me to sit. So now I spend my lunch period in the Media Center.

With people like him I get this urge to punch him in the face or otherwise harm him, but I haven't

PeredeMocha
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2005, 6:43 am

I always bought something to bring to my room. I fel like such a loser whenever people would see me brining in groceries or a cafeteria bag to my room. I remember Freshman year eaing alone in the cafeteria when noone else was around except my freshman roommate's redneck football players, who heckled and made fun of me.

Junior year of High school at summer school was the worst. I ate only one meal a day , breakfast, for three months!! !! !. Because of very severe social anxiety and avoidant personality disorder( both of which I didn't know I had until 11 years later), I only came out of my room for class and also I spent my entire time in the library ina lonely, anxoiety ridden trance.

jmoney
Raven
Raven

03 Feb 2005, 2:18 pm

I walk home and eat for about 15 minutes for lunch. Nobody else does, but I still do, unless it's too cold where it would be suicidal for me to walk home.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2005, 2:45 pm

colleges are for spiled brats who never had a hard life

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2005, 3:18 pm

Absolute_Zero wrote:
If someone starts whispering about me I get in their face and ask them that whatever they have to say they can say it right to my face. Most of them walk away from me and I yell at them as they continue on their pathetic way...or else! Sometimes they jump back at me and say something.

Girls used to do that alot more than boys and maybe that explains my certain fear of women that are close to my own age.

You're lucky you are confident enough to say that to a nasty NT's face. I usually just glare at them and it shuts them up. I even cried once in class when I was 14, and I hope it made them feel really bad.

They were talking about my AS symptoms.. it was at it's absolute worst when I was 14.

Girls aren't nice creatures, they're awful. But Guys can be pretty awful, too. I mean, girls have that nasty, behind your back rudeness. Alot of guys have that nasty, in your face rudeness.

Some guys in my senior yeah were pitiful fools who talked behind peoples backs like a gang of snarly girls - they would be considered "Jocks" in America.

Quote:
colleges are for spiled brats who never had a hard life

I pretty much agree with you - even though there are exceptions. Alot of people only go because they can't be bothered getting a job, and so they can spend the government's money on alcohol.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2005, 8:39 pm

eating seems to me like it just takes too much time to fix a meal. There seems to be a limited amount of stuff that does not need to be cooked
A

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2005, 6:00 pm

I dont even bother, i wait until 230 after school to eat lunch, too many idiots in the cafe