What was your worst year in school?

Page 1 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2005, 11:45 am

My worst year in school was probally either 5th grade or 7th grade.

5th grade-Everyone made fun of me,picked on me,made rumors about me,beat me up,lied to me,stabbed me in the back, AND my grades were not good that year.Also,my Mo mwas probally at her meanest that year.

7th grade-I was still trying to find myself.Finally,I did find myself,and so I came out out my being a Goth and my bisexuality.People started to reject me and start rumors about me and make fun of me.Some of my friends became too scared to talk to me.I thought about changing back so peopel would like me again but I've heard of that quote "It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not".And I figured if my friends really loved me they would accept me who who I was.Also,this way the year when I first got asked for sex.(This continued into 8th grade).

So,everyone,what about you?Stories welcome.

-SpaceCase :)

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2005, 11:48 am

All of them. But didnt decide to do anything about it until HS when I dropped out...

Liadain
Raven
Raven

07 Oct 2005, 12:02 pm

5th grade for me, too. I attended a place called Gross School, which had bars on all of the windows, and a principal who wore pink suspenders (or braces if you're east of the Atlantic) every day. I became very ill and had to miss school for three weeks. When I returned my teacher wouldn't allow me time to make up my work and I was automatically placed in detention. My mother stormed into the building and caused a huge ruckus but ultimately got me the three weeks I deserved to make up my work. I also got into trouble for passing notes to my friends, was picked on for getting up in front of the class when it was my turn during a discussion on religion and proclaiming my disbelief in God, had a football thrown very hard into my stomach which left me gasping on the black top for minutes while the principal told me "Just breathe, you idiot!" and was tormented by my older, much more popular sister. She woke me up one Saturday morning with a "surprise!" My hair was a mess and I was all groggy and sloppy looking, and she opened the closet door to reveal the most popular girl in my class, who was sitting there just waiting for the opportunity to humiliate me. I ran to the bathroom where I hid until she went home. I wouldn't return to that age for anything in the world.

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2005, 12:37 pm

8th grade. First year of high school, it was full of jocks, and I was bullied badly by everyone. I had no incentive to work hard either, as kids frowned upon 'squares' so I stopped trying to work hard. Big mistake.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2005, 2:40 pm

6 - 12

K - 5 weren't too bad.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2005, 2:45 pm

SpaceCase wrote:

5th grade-Everyone made fun of me,picked on me,made rumors about me,beat me up,lied to me,stabbed me in the back, AND my grades were not good that year.Also,my Mo mwas probally at her meanest that year.

7th grade-I was still trying to find myself.Finally,I did find myself,and so I came out out my being a Goth and my bisexuality.People started to reject me and start rumors about me and make fun of me.Some of my friends became too scared to talk to me.I thought about changing back so peopel would like me again but I've heard of that quote "It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not".And I figured if my friends really loved me they would accept me who who I was.Also,this way the year when I first got asked for sex.(This continued into 8th grade).

How does one "come out" about being a Goth? Sexual preference is a condition of existence. Being goth is a stylistic expression. You can decide to not be goth by dressing un-gothic, but you can't stop being bisexual like that. Do you see the difference between the two?

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2005, 3:54 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
SpaceCase wrote:

How does one "come out" about being a Goth? Sexual preference is a condition of existence. Being goth is a stylistic expression. You can decide to not be goth by dressing un-gothic, but you can't stop being bisexual like that. Do you see the difference between the two?

Goths think that you are born Goth.I believe I was born Goth."Goth" is more than just a style of clothing.To us "Goth" is a setting/state of mind.We jsut like to dress in all black.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2005, 5:04 pm

Seventh grade. Being 12 is tough. Grades k-6 were fine. I didn't have any problems in grades 8-12 either.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2005, 6:04 pm

Ninth. I had a lot of problems adjusting to high school and some major issues with various teachers that year. Elementary school wasn't so great either, considering almost everyone at my school hated me and no one would talk to me, except for one or two people. :cry:

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2005, 3:18 am

[deleted]

Last edited by Sean on 02 Mar 2006, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2005, 7:17 am

Lets see,

5th - 8th (middle school years) due to the teasing and again in 10th grade because that is when I realized that I would never fit in with the regular crowds.

The 11th grade changed that though because I realized that I could develop my own crowd of people who also did not fit into the regular crowds.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2005, 9:29 pm

Acedemic wise - 2nd, 4th, 7th thru 9th
Social/Behavior wise - all of them thru 8th grade

Kindergarden (1985-86) - I remember spending time in the closet and being angry my teacher for putting me there. I don't remember too much about what I did to get yelled at, just that I had to see a counsler every week. One time my principal was there with her and she open up things by saying "So, I hear Scott has been mis-behaving again"

First grade (1986-87) - Stimming gets me in trouble a lot, I don't want to go out for recess, or not pay attention in class becasue I like watching the film projector rewind the reel of film. I also like watching cars spin their tires in the snow and would get yelled at for coming late because of it

Second grade (1987-88) - I get recommended for special education. I was having some kind of episode at least once a week where I had to be removed from the class. I still have all my notes from the teacher about my adventures.

Just to give a sampling....

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2005, 9:49 pm

I can't pinpoint a worst year, but there were some bad ones:

End of 4th grade/beginning of 5th grade: My teachers during that time were jack@sses. I went through puberty and gained a LOT of weight. My peers bullied me so badly about being ugly, fat, and hairy (dark body hair is not fun to have when you're a girl) that I started refusing to wear shorts, even when it was 90 degrees outside. I had a classmate who took such pleasure in bullying me, and I could never figure out why.

7th grade: My best friend ditched me to hang with people more popular. My parents got a divorce, and I ended up having to spend one week at one house and one week at the other. :x My efforts to fit in backfired. I also got grounded at home for all kinds of trivial stuff.

11th grade: The way my peers treated me turned me into a depressed, easily irritable ball of nerves. If I hadn't been able to take college courses during my senior year, I would have dropped out. I cried and begged to be homeschooled with no results.

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 8:53 am

I forgot about (or should I say try) the 3rd grade. I was put into an open classroom where I was constanctly overloading and stimming. To top things off, both the special ed teacher and regular teacher made my life a living hell. It was after that year that I was put in EBD style classes.

I would say the 4th and 5th grades but one of the things I learned in that grade is that I can teach myself whatever I wanted rather than follow the perscribed ciriculum.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 9:10 am

Year 7 (age 11-12) - I had a sadistic class teacher, the deliberate exclusion/humiliation was the worst and I felt the most adrift from my peers. 6,8 and 9 were pretty crap as well - 9 was horrible as I had no idea how to fit in and at that point I wanted to, but had left most of my tormentors behind by going to a different high school to them. By year 10 I had found a niche I was comfortable in, though girls were an issue (i.e. I was interested but far too weird to be of interest to any of them). I would never want to be 10-14 again, and I'm dreading my son's turn. :(

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 3:47 pm

Socially, elementary school wasn't great. I had only one or two friends throughout the entire school time and everyone else at the school hated me. It was a small school, so pretty much everyone knew everyone else, which isn't necessarily a good thing. :(