I'm really begining to hate going to eat...

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2005, 6:00 pm

p.s. I always get it to go i never eat in

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2005, 7:16 pm

If your school offers options other than the cafeteria, you may want to look at those. If you are a freshman, you may have to pull teeth to be able to use another option.

An example, when I attended RIT, those not Freshman and living in dorms were allowed to either purchase meals at the cafeteria only, have the money put onto a debit card type system to be used at any vending machine, school eating places (the school had 4 different places to purchase meals), or microwavable meals from the corner store; or some combination of the above.

After my first quarter of using the cafeteria (and gaining 30lbs within 10 weeks), I decided to go the cash route for the rest of the year.

The only bad thing about the cash route is that if you did not use it, you lost it. I actually bought $300 worth of Pepsi the last quarter I was in the dorms.

Just food for thought on how to avoid the situation.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

canjodion85
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2005, 1:33 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
colleges are for spiled brats who never had a hard life

f**k you. I go to college and I had a hard life. My parents never made above 30,000 dollars a year combined and had 7 children, so yeah, we were kind of poor. Our living condition weren't anything to be proud of, yet 5 of us have gone to college so far, and my eldest brother is making 70,000 even though he didn't go to a real college (he went to ECPI, a freaking technology school where they teach you how to repair printers).

People who say that college is for spoiled brats are just as ignorant as the spoiled brats.

canjodion85
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2005, 1:36 pm

Also, to be on topic, I had a lot of problems going to the cafeteria. Mostly because I was uncomfortable eating in front of other people and I'd eat alone. I noticed that a lot of the attention that was paid to me was really just in my head and people naturally gaze around the cafeteria and look and people. No one has tried to pick on me in college (at least not to my face) so it's a pretty good place for me to be even though I'm not making friends or anything.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2005, 9:28 am

I do not like going to my school cafeteria, as the cooking staff are unhygenic and the food is dangerous. Some people laugh at me there, but most of the time the problem I get is when my friends trick me to put salt on my hand when we are being silly.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2005, 10:12 am

yeah, school cafeterias are nasty.
A