Have you ever had a meltdown in class?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

globalwolf2010
Raven
Raven

26 Oct 2011, 12:03 pm

Not since early high school that I can remember. I have a decent ability to control my emotions now, and it would take something really out of the ordinary to genuinely set me off in class.

WritingBlind
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2011, 1:58 pm

I have meltdowns all the time in class and I'm even medicated. It's so bad, only in 8th grade, that they're currently in the process of sending me to an alternative learning school...AKA hell full of wannabe-gang-members. What's worse is that the school I'm at doesn't even try to help. They offer suggestions like carrying a pass around and handing it to the teacher of whatever class I'm in, waiting for them to call down and say I'm leaving, then leave.

I wish I phrased this better, because they took this as a threat, but I said:
"If you make me wait in a room for even 5 minutes when I'm pissed off, that pass is getting thrown at someone's head, that phone is getting destroyed, and someone could get seriously injured. If I'm going to leave, I need to leave immediately."

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 1:30 am

Yes. School sucks.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2011, 9:26 am

i got permently suspended from school and college for having meltdowns,.

WalkingThesaurus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2011, 4:45 pm

My meltdowns are pretty harmless to others, but I've had many meltdowns so far this year. Most of them are in gym class because of sensory overload (the school gym has a huge amount of fluorescent lighting and my gym class likes to pair up with the other gym class to do games so there's around 80 people at one time all running around at one time and it's all very chaotic and loud), and now my gym teacher and the learning styles counselor have created a system for when that happens so I leave gym and just do calming school work for the rest of the period. I had one when I was a few minutes late for school because when I was on my way to school 5 of the busses that are on the route that takes me to my school drove by me when I was waiting at my stop. I had another when I got a mark of 68% on a test. The most memorable one I had was last year when we had to play tag in class and I hate tag and I had a tantrum and people were laughing at me and it was very painful. I also remember last year we had to go to the hospital for a program where they told us about how terrible drunk driving is by showing us 8 hours worth of very gory and disturbing images and making us pretend we were physically disabled, and it was very distressing and uncomfortable and I had to leave. And then everyone got mad at me when I said I hated the program. Meltdowns were worse for me at my last school because nobody took them seriously and saw them as a joke, but I'm at a school now with very kind and respectful students and teachers and staff and I feel more comfortable.