Aspies - Ever get suspended/expeled?

Page 2 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Nutterbug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2008, 5:23 am

Emoal6 wrote:
I've been there, too many times for my taste today. I was always the one who got caught REACTING. Hell, I got suspended for getting hit in the head with a chair, True story. Your parents arent going to see your side of the story most likely. They'll see it as you lacking respect for their rules. That and a lack of discipline, which they'll have evil intentions to instill.

I wonder if parents side with the teachers out of principle and through objective assessment of the situation, or if they do it to suck up to stay on good terms with them so that they won't compromise your education out of spite.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 8:46 am

I've been in further trouble at school on Wednesday. A dinnerlady physically pushed my friend Laura, so we reported the dinnerlady, but the teachers won't believe us (because it's us, most likely). Then we got done for backchatting. If we get in bother again we'll be sent to Room 101 (real name, the isolation office).

Dinnerladies always accuse students of answering back if we don't want to take any crap from a bunch of glorified cleaners. Even giving a legit reason for something is viewed as answering back, just because we won't accept unfair punishments for a misunderstanding.

y es como un semestre"

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 9:32 am

I got suspended so many times in middle and high school, it was insane. Ironically, I only got one detention for being five minutes late to class. lol (It was actually a very fun detention session since we could talk all we wanted, listen to music, and the teacher let us all leave fifteen minutes early!)

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 11:03 pm

I think I got a two minute detention once in grade 3...in grade 8, I started lashing out at my bullies, but I never got in trouble. (I suppose I was the lesser of the evils, and they were too busy to punish me for a punch or two)

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 12:08 am

Put out in the hall in 2nd grade because I bit a kid in the leg. He was sitting on me and pulling my hair. I yelled for the teacher and SHE DID NOTHING. So I bit the kid. Both the teacher and the principal said that a human bite was worse than a dog's bite. After that my parents pulled me out of public school and I attended private schools for a few years.

Z

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 5:45 am

ValMikeSmith wrote:
How can you get detention in Resource?
It's not even a class, it's like extra help, isn't it?

Your parents should yell at them a lot, I think! :evil:
Actually you can :D If you have a resource period and skip, you get the same punishment as if you skipped a normal class. Also, if you mouth off at the teacher or break other rules you could get detention too. I've never had that happen, but I've witnessed it a couple times.

RedWingJeff
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2009, 3:42 pm

6th Grade: I got suspended for a day for shoving an inbred kid's books off his desk after he'd constantly been trying to pick a fight with me.

7th Grade: Suspended for a day for saying F.U. in class to a girl who was always picking on me.

8th Grade: Six punks who all should have been in high school (the school district I went to that year had a very high rate of kids who had failed a grade once or even twice, disciplinary problems no doubt) got together one day and threw snowballs at my mom's car. A few days later, one of the punks brags in class about the incident, forgetting that I got the last word by telling them what to go do with themselves, and I finally lose it and throw a pen in his face. I got suspended for initially three days, but my mom, not being satisfied with the sentence, keeps me out another two days.

9th Grade: An inbred says to me "your college basketball team rules with the help of steroids" (my team beat his on the way to the NCAA title that year). I grabbed him by the shirt and shoved him two or three times, trying to exercise enough restraint to keep from punching his lights out. The principal suspended me for what I thought was the rest of the day, as I had to spend the last two periods in his office. The suspension was for the next day, but not before grabbing the inbred by the shirt again and virtually threatening to kill him if he ever made a remark like that again. As it turned out, since I had forgotten I wasn't supposed to be there, one of the school staff had to accompany me to and from each class that day and make sure I ate lunch by myself.

No more suspensions after that, except my senior year. I was very often late to school. Depression had sunk in on me and I was having a hard time going to sleep and waking up. Each tardy led to a stiffer sentence, culminating in two days in school suspension.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 4:01 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Yes. I hated school. I was abused on the daily basis by teachers and picked on mercily by other kids. I wanted to do my own thing and had no concept of what a grade was and didn't care. The only solution was for my parents to take me out and homeschool me.

I got suspended for hitting kids when they got too close (I can feel people's energy or "chi" when I get close to them or they get close to me and it is physicaly painful), hitting kids when they picked on me, biting a kid (he kept shoving his fingers in my face and daring me. I broke the skin and put him in his place), shoving a kid into a locker because I thought he was making fun of me, the teacher grabed my arm to take me to the principal and was so hard she cut off circulation and the only way to make her let go was to bite her (she left a HUGE bruse).

Yikes! I wouldn't want to upset you. :lol:
You certainly know how to defend yourself. Bite! :twisted:

Italianwolf77
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 5:14 pm

I get small lunch detentions all the time, and get yelled at all the time. Thats it. Never been suspended.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 6:22 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
I've been in further trouble at school on Wednesday. A dinnerlady physically pushed my friend Laura, so we reported the dinnerlady, but the teachers won't believe us (because it's us, most likely). Then we got done for backchatting. If we get in bother again we'll be sent to Room 101 (real name, the isolation office).

Dinnerladies always accuse students of answering back if we don't want to take any crap from a bunch of glorified cleaners. Even giving a legit reason for something is viewed as answering back, just because we won't accept unfair punishments for a misunderstanding.

Gina, I have a question for you. Does the term dinner equal the term lunch in the USA? If it does we would say lunch lady.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 6:26 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:

Gina, I have a question for you. Does the term dinner equal the term lunch in the USA? If it does we would say lunch lady.

Yeah, we call it lunchtime, but the dinnerladies are called dinnerladies for some reason.

y es como un semestre"

Bodhi
Raven
Raven

18 Jan 2009, 8:19 pm

I got quite a few detentions in grade school for not turning in some homework. I remember once I was handed a detention slip and I said "Thanks." I was always a pretty polite kid :roll:

In high school I was suspended twice. Once for smoking a cigarette outside the tennis courts, and another time for leaving my pocketbook on the bus. It was opened and looked through...they found my cigarettes. -sigh- Luckily I was 18 so the suspension wasn't too harsh or anything, but since it was my second, I got a week off of school :D

rennabella
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2009, 2:06 pm

Golly! That is really rather ridiculous!
And it reminds me depressingly of my own school.
Another place where Saturday NIght Detention runs wild :(
Your Resource teacher sounds ridiculous. (Is Resource a subject, I have not heard of it before!)

I have been suspended twice:

1. I went off on my own in the Science Museum because the teacher who was supposed to be looking after us had no idea where we were going. (Quite ridiculous)

2. I swore at a teacher during an away match because she pushed me.

Utterly ridiculous really!

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:09 pm

Many times.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:10 pm

Once I got threatened with isolation because I called someone a b***h. Well, she WAS a b***h, through no fault of my own. She was making my life hell, so instead of slapping her smug face, I just told her what I thought of her. Duh.

y es como un semestre"

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:11 pm

I was put in isolation or in school suspension more times than I was in class it seemed.