What was your worst year in school?

Page 3 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2005, 10:51 am

I think it was 6 grade. Everyone found out about my spider phobia. Everyone said spider. And tried to show me spider pictures. It might have been some other year.

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Nov 2005, 12:37 am

5th Grade. I was in a special class, and it really interfered with me seeing my friends, a rumor spread about me and a friend having relations. It died down.

Then there was the 8th grade. I always get B's and C's, so I was placed in the part of the school with all of the smart kids, and the smart classes. Didn't pan out well, the last year I was bullied, and almost failed. I cheated like crazy pass.

My senior year stunk because it's was so hyped up and didn't live up to the expacations, and one of my best friends moved. So many prank calls missed... It wasn't bad in the end.

HarryofSheringham
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2005, 7:36 am

Year 9. I got rather violent that year.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2005, 10:59 am

my worst year was at the end of 8th grade where i became majorly depressed and chopped off all my hair had extra weight and people though i was a lesbian.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 2:13 pm

Grade 8 was my worst year too. I faced alot of ridicule there, and no support at home. I never could figure out what it was I did wrong. I got ridiculed for such things as having a deep voice, being goofy(whatever that means), not being athletic, not wanting to date or go to school dances, and the list goes on. My parents of course punished me for it saying it was all my fault, but never would say what I did that was wrong. Taking away tv, music, radio, books, and forcing me to do nothing but wait around to be told by my sister it was time to go swimming didn't exactly make getting over it easy for me.

As for the discipline aspect, I never really knew what I was being punished for, other than being alive, so I learned absolutely nothing from the experience.

I wish I could have studied under a private tutor or done some kind of independent study for the latter years of my schooling. That way I wouldn't have had to spend my days being incarcerated with moronic cellmates.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

andy_the_drew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2005, 8:41 pm

Worst year in school?

That's a toughie, because things were always never running as smoothly as I'd love them to be.

The bad:

Grade 3 was when I was a target of bullies. I scar rather easily, so I have a number of them caused by being slammed into inanimate objects such as walls and fences.

Grade 4 was when I was first sent to see the school psychologist on a regular basis. At the time I never understood why I was being singled out by my teacher to go through this process. Later (as in when i was 18 ish), my parents told me that the teacher had declared me to be learning disabled and I was being put through psych testing to verify her "diagnosis". Let's just say it was misguided at best.

Later grades didn't exactly go much better due to my lack of being able to read social cues well. My later years were basically lonely where I learned the ninja like art of being a ghost and was mostly successful.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2005, 8:51 am

PrisonerSix wrote:
Grade 8 was my worst year too. I faced alot of ridicule there, and no support at home. I never could figure out what it was I did wrong. I got ridiculed for such things as having a deep voice, being goofy(whatever that means), not being athletic, not wanting to date or go to school dances, and the list goes on. My parents of course punished me for it saying it was all my fault, but never would say what I did that was wrong. Taking away tv, music, radio, books, and forcing me to do nothing but wait around to be told by my sister it was time to go swimming didn't exactly make getting over it easy for me.

As for the discipline aspect, I never really knew what I was being punished for, other than being alive, so I learned absolutely nothing from the experience.

I wish I could have studied under a private tutor or done some kind of independent study for the latter years of my schooling. That way I wouldn't have had to spend my days being incarcerated with moronic cellmates.
same kind of problem for me too, but i wasnt punished, the kids at school still riducule me just cause i dont do stuff they do at their age i should have already done. and my dad hates me because im diffrent and he doesnt want to accept me.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 9:49 am

sandra3 wrote:
same kind of problem for me too, but i wasnt punished, the kids at school still riducule me just cause i dont do stuff they do at their age i should have already done. and my dad hates me because im diffrent and he doesnt want to accept me.

I went through the same thing. I had different interests and was ridiculed for it. I felt the same way about my parents hating me. I couldn't ever figure out what I did that was so wrong or so bad. One of my theories was they wanted me to be more like my sister, who treated me like dirt. At the same time, they didn't treat me like they did my sister. She got away with alot of things without consequences, yet there were always consequences for me, often for very vague reasons, like I've described before.

All I can say is you have to be who you are because you'll never be happy being someone else.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 4:17 pm

My worst years were the 7th and 8th. In the 7th I was still living with my mother in Tasmania but had a huge fall out with her, The bullying at school was not so bad, but the bullying by neighbourhood kids was terrible.

In the 8th I haved moved in with my dad in Melbourne and the bullying at the school was so bad, I became severely depressed and had go into a mental ward for a while.

Ryan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Nov 2005, 1:59 am

9th grade the beginning of high school where i'm from. most of my few friends went to a different school and i struggled with grades and other people (got bullied or neglected)

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2005, 8:13 am

transitioning from school to school is tough on anyone. and its harder if nobody knows you.

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2005, 4:51 am

This year has been hell for me. I cannot go into it over the internet, but for those who know me, you might be able to see why.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 12:09 pm

sandra3 wrote:
transitioning from school to school is tough on anyone. and its harder if nobody knows you.

That is very true. Between grades 1-9, I went to a total of 7 different schools and they were all different and I had a hard time fitting in at any of them. Everytime I changed, it was trouble all over again, for a different reason. A couple of times I ended up in schools my sister was already attending and she would sometimes egg people on to pick on me and our parents did nothing about it.

My sister was just the opposite, she often found her niche and fit right in with few or no problems. Our parents never quite understood why she and I were so different in this respect. Our parents I think assumed just because we were so close in age, less than 1 1/2 years apart, that we should be similar but we were as different as night and day.

I thought comparing us was unfair, especially since I'm male and she's female. I always thought socialization was different between the genders and that was part of the problem, now I think in my case, there was alot more to it than just that.

Arch101
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2005, 6:50 pm

Which was my worst year? All of them, of course! All 12 years of PS, my 2 years of my AAS (barely won) and the following 8 years (and counting) trying to acquire a BS. Maybe someday

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2005, 9:29 pm

Funny, I'd say also 5th or 7th was my worst.
5th grade I had a teacher who, well, I've taken a college course easier than her class (though it was a summer course, I'd still estimate her level at about tenth or 11th grade for most people, middle school for me). Students who survived her class, needless to say, had no academic trouble for a long time.

The work she gave made me stressed.
Stress made me start getting migraines.
Stress made me catch a severe form of the flu.
Stress made me stressed and tired.

I threw up one evening in late November/early December, and stayed out the next morning was out until Christmas break, came back again, left for a week in January, an finally made everything up while the rest of the class went on a week long field trip (what point this served I do not know).

Afterwards I was taken in for extensive testing diagnosed with AS, juvenile migraines, and possible several other things I don't know about.

In seventh grade they prescribed me Zoloft because I was going to school and they didn't want me to get depressed.

But oops. . . the Doctor seemed to think that AS and ADD were the same thing and treatable in the same manner.

I finally snapped in the fall.

I left social studies in a tizzy, angry at a classmate (he wouldn't let me do our presentation on some Conquistador as a time-machine scenario), drew pictures of swords impaling his body(still in my permenant file I learned in ninth grade, must get ahold of them and destroy them somehow), and then tried to go back to class and show them to him.

I was taken into another room where I started seeing colors (perhaps a result of a migraine), and like Don Quixote, took it into my head that the chairs were my bother and one of his more obnoxious friends and began attacking and gnawing on them.

They took me away, gave me some paper to shred and called my mother.

She took me home, and tried to figure out what happened.

Oops, overlooked side effect bit: "Zoloft may cause psychotic reactions, violent outbursts, paranoia, and halluocinations in individuals with Asperger's Syndrome."

Since then I've encountered others online with similar experiences.

Even in 5th grade (especially in my makeup work week), and after I before the Zoloft took effect in 7th, I had some highlights.

Minor issues throughout elementary school, such as one that comes to mind in 3rd grade (when I got a word wrong for my first time ever on a spelling test). Eight and ninth could have been better, but I had some great teachers.

I really hated PE classes throughout (got exemptions to work with the PT in late elementary and ALPs in high school), and despised the after-school program social sports and stuff, but that no longer looms as large as it once did for me.

By tenth grade I was pulling myself together.

My school experience seems like a positive utopia compared to most people here.

Elementary school I'd happily repeat, maybe even middle school.
High school I've started to recognize the wisdom of Salinger, so not so sure about repeating that. Ninth grade certainly at least.

It seems like my understanding of life and my enjoyment of school are in inverse proportions to each other.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 11:29 pm

For me, Grades 4,5,and 7 were really bad, 5th grade, though, was by far the worst. I'll post my experiences on another thread.