Page 3 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 7:06 pm

Mine usually bad but during that exam I took time to write decently. However, at the 5 minute warning, I was on a really good point and I was struggling to finish so I threw neatness out the window and hurried it up. I got it done. :P

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 7:10 pm

Sweet :D *gives you a high five*

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2008, 11:58 pm

ebec11 wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:
None of mine were too bad, in fact two of them were quite easy. My English exam was probably the hardest. We had to write for two hours, write not type. I wrote 8 pages in that time.
Luckily my resource allows me computer access (and extended time) for exams - the teacher wouldn't be able to read any essays or a lot of writing in a exam if not (my handwriting is baaaaad!)

Yeah, for one of my midterms the other week, I had to write about 4-5 pages (typed). Fortunately I get extra time (1.5 times normal) and computer access, too.

I only used a little more than the regular amount of time, though, cause I was so tired from all my other exams that I quit early.

I figure the professor has _got_ to appreciate what I did for him, though. After grading 30 other handwritten exam papers he's going to be real happy when he gets my nice, double-spaced Times New Roman printout :)

Alex440
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2008, 7:19 am

It's interesting how a few of us have real problems with exams (meltdowns, etc) and many others hardly have a problem.

I'm one of the latter. The last round of exams for me were actually the best time of my school year. Normally echoey hall filled with sound-deadening bodies and everyone's silent. I really like exams 8O
I think my productivity is inversely proportional to the sound level in the space I'm working in.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 3:06 pm

My grades came in the mail yesterday. I got one A and three B's. I'm no straight A student but I'm proud. 8)

As for the exams, I passed all of them, all but one with flying colors. My English exam (the one where I had to write) was about average, but I'm not all that great with essays.

Last edited by Social_Fantom on 16 May 2008, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 3:08 pm

Well done Social_Fantom!

I took 2 Psychology exams today, I am worried stiff about the results to be honest.

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2008, 4:40 pm

Just hope that I dated the right girl... :D

If I did no good in the Physics exam, I will have to date yet another girl.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 9:00 pm

wolphin wrote:
ebec11 wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:
None of mine were too bad, in fact two of them were quite easy. My English exam was probably the hardest. We had to write for two hours, write not type. I wrote 8 pages in that time.
Luckily my resource allows me computer access (and extended time) for exams - the teacher wouldn't be able to read any essays or a lot of writing in a exam if not (my handwriting is baaaaad!)

Yeah, for one of my midterms the other week, I had to write about 4-5 pages (typed). Fortunately I get extra time (1.5 times normal) and computer access, too.

I only used a little more than the regular amount of time, though, cause I was so tired from all my other exams that I quit early.

I figure the professor has _got_ to appreciate what I did for him, though. After grading 30 other handwritten exam papers he's going to be real happy when he gets my nice, double-spaced Times New Roman printout :)
:D Agreed :D

I love having extended time, because although I usually don't use it all, it such a RELIEF that I don't have to fret the whole time about whether I'll finish it or not :D

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 9:00 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
My grades came in the mail yesterday. I got one A and three B's. I'm no straight A student but I'm proud. 8)

As for the exams, I passed all of them, all but one with flying colors. My English exam (the one where I had to write) was about average, but I'm not all that great with essays.
Sweet!! !
I have to wait until the middle of July for my Marks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 7:34 am

ebec11 wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:

Sweet!! !
I have to wait until the middle of July for my Marks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have to wait until the middle of August, looks like we're both as bad :P

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 10:47 pm

Nico wrote:
ebec11 wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:

Sweet!! !

I have to wait until the middle of August, looks like we're both as bad :P
I barely survive until July 8O How the heck do you make it until AUGUST :?: :?: :?:
I was in a panic like state for most of the days before I got my marks last year. I though I was going to fail math and be kicked out of my writing program, which was the cause of my worries. Luckily I got a 78%, but I really freaked out before then
I have a feeling I'm going to feel the same way for Science...*swears a bunch*

Thundaeagle
Raven
Raven

18 May 2008, 2:20 am

I get nervous around exam time cause I'm worried I'll mess up and fail. (ok I've only failed one exam so far). Do you know of any stratagies that you use to cope? By the way, good luck to everyone who is sitting exams around the world.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 10:52 pm

Breathing helps. Also, if you're really worrying, take five minutes and just stop doing the exam. 5 minutes gone is made up by the better answers you'll get in the rest of the time allowed :D
Also, see if they'll let you bring in a stress toy of some sort. Squeeze it when you're freaking out (make sure it's durable - the dollar store ones die easily)

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 7:18 am

forst day of exams is tomorrow, yay.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 9:34 am

I had my last exam today, the trouble is over :D

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 1:39 pm

I've had 5 exams so far: French Speaking, Religious Studies, Maths (Non-calculator), English Literature, and Science (Unit 1).

Now that my second exam is not until June 2nd (although I have 7 exams that week - 8O), I have plenty of time to revise more.