do you get invited to parties, do you party?

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2009, 3:48 pm

I am 40 years old and I still get invited to college-age parties from time to time. I would much rather go to a Harley Davidson motorcycle party and hang out by the keg than go to a "dinner party" or any other "formal" gathering where social skills and what you eat are the topics for discussion for the entire evening.

Yeah, people do crazy stuff while drunk and partying but people do crazy stuff while not drunk and not partying which might be a cause for more alarm. Anyway, partying is fun, but can really depend on the people that you are with.

Just finished up working on a flier for an outdoor event/party.

"you gotta fight for your right...to party"

Landon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2009, 9:45 pm

I'm 15 and I go to parties most weekends.

I usually find out about parties in school, or I get a text saying when/where it is. They're usually just at people's houses, but occasionally someone will rent a place out. I go with a group of people, drink a little, talk to a few people and play a lot of beer pong.

Parties are great because if you get bored, or overwhelmed or whatever, you can just leave whenever. People are always coming and going, so you can even take a break, go get some food, and come back.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2009, 1:22 pm

I occasionally go to parties, but alot of the time, I end up drinking by myself anyway.

infinitellipsis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2009, 8:13 pm

im in a sorority so yes, i do get invited to parties. i go sometimes but do not enjoy it too much. It requires too much energy.

&& i usually drink quite a bit when im at one....otherwise its no fun at all. -__-

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2009, 8:29 pm

I've been invited to some birthday parties back when I was a kid, but now I only go to parties when my parents attend them. I never anymore get invited to go to parties from kids at my school.

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2009, 6:37 pm

No party situations scare the sh*t out of me, I have been to a couple but I despise them (I even hate going to family parties).

I could if I really wanted to get myself invites to parties but I don't wan't that to happen.

PrincessMR1899
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2009, 11:53 pm

LOL no. I have never gotten invited to a college party, b/c I don't drink, so therefore, I would be quite bored out of my MIND there.

Of course I get invited to my friend's birthday parties, but that's b/c we're friends, and they don't drink either and our personalities are about the same and we're into the same things. So I feel comfortable around them, but definitely not college dorm parties. To me, that spells TROUBLE.

Observer20
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2009, 5:29 pm

I never get invited anywhere. I remember my "friends" in high school telling me that they would call or text me with the location of the party, but of course, those calls never came. When I would ask them, they would say "sorry man, next time". Since I wasn't really one of them, they didn't want me around outside of school. I cut all of these people out of my life after the third time it happened. I would have been fine if they told me I couldn't go, instead of them bullshitting me, giving me false hope.

In college, well my college is small and there is an anti-alcohol policy, so there are no parties. I commute for one, I don't dorm. Also, a big portion of the college, are HS graduates from a particular town, so they already know one another and are set in their social circles. I am in my third year, and I pretty much go to my classes, and leave.

The few people that I do talk to, are like me, in the sense where they have no life. I remember two times, my friend (his social life is like mine) could have gotten me into cool parties when his older brothers felt generous enough to invite him. Well, at the last minute, he would give some excuse as to why he couldn't go, and if he didn't go, I didn't go because he was my "in" so to speak. It took me a while, before I realized that he was never invited to these "parties" , and that he was lying, so I would think he was cool. :roll: One upside to having no social life is that my grades are damn near perfect though.

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2009, 3:09 pm

Honestly, I feel like I don't go to parties enough nowadays, and I would love to experience these college-style parties if you ask me.

ratonlaveur

07 Sep 2009, 7:58 pm

I get invited regularly, but this is only because of the Facebook group for people in my entering class.

I go to some of the social events, but tend to avoid most of the actual "parties", especially since my CAPD seems to be getting worse and it's near impossible for me to communicate with the type of background noise at parties. Or I stay a little bit and when it starts to get loud, I leave. But even then, I find that in the time it takes me (not in a single party) to make to introduce myself and chit chat a bit with 15 classmates, my average NT classmate has done the same with 100 people. In my school, it's a bit of a necessity to at least know some people since a lot of the work is hard w/o having groups to work with, and I'd like to make more of an active effort than I did in undergrad making connections, though obviously I still try to do this gradually, not throwing myself into a party every other day, but by attending some of the more low-stress social events and slowly building up a network of acquaintances.. now I just have to figure out how to turn an acquaintance into a friend.