Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Koerner
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Aug 2010, 1:00 pm

So I have been having difficulties in school and I tend to worry because I am taking out student loans in order to cover additional costs because I am over 24 years old and going back to school. I decided to get medication to see if it can help me try to relax when I am studying in a crowded library and it helps but that is beside the point I am getting to. The point I am getting to is that the nurse practitioner who prescribed my medication stated she has written letters previously to student loan companies to defer costs of student loans for other people who are 'disabled'. I have a feeling I am not relaying enough information about it, however she told me to contact the student loan companies about it. Is it possible to do this or is the nurse just making stuff up?

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

I went back to school to finish a BA when I was 26 and had loans. Depending on your lender you should not have to begin to payback your loan until 6 or 9 months after you've left college. I have deferred my loans several times due to economic reasons after college. The economy these days its hard to say how long deferment is but you should not have too much trouble seeing you are still in school.