I think tutor is trying to make me fail my college course

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 6:45 pm

Some weeks ago she actually got annoyed that I used the word 'presumably' in an assignment... I mean, how more trivial can that get? Not to mention that we kept playing ping pong with this one assignment: I write up what's supposed to be missing and she replies saying that something else is missing. This is just two weeks before the final course finishes, so I can only assume she's trying to 'filibuster' until enough time has passed and I technically fail the course.

This is after two years and 11 assignments in total (need 12 to pass) - today I wrote up, yet again, what was supposed to be missing in this assignment, which she implied was going to get a pass anyway even if it might not be up to par... and just because I went to deliver the papers in the afternoon, not the morning, I get this email:

"They have not arrived so i can only assume you have decided not to complete the course. I am sorry that you have dropped out at this late stage.

Best wishes for your future"

Oh f**k, did anybody know that a couple of hours can utterly erase a couple of years, apparently? (No, this wasn't a deadline, just her own personal fetish for getting up early, while I actually go to bed at that time.)

If she actually tries to go along with this like this, though, and I actually fail because I used the word 'presumably' while she insists in class about how people should re-read the f*****g mystical definitions of 'health' and 'disease'... I will goddamn wage a war against her! Because I knew she wanted me to fail from the beginning.

This is the person I explained - at detail - how much I was suffering psychologically the past two years, and even though she supposedly teaches the subject itself she acted as if she has no clue whatever and her replies contained no sympathy. She told me to take a break of a few months and only mentioned the fact that I can only try to catch up later on with no more time than others get after those months had passed. I hate her so much!! !

nikaTheJellyfish
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jun 2013, 12:00 pm

I would take every scrap of paper you have for the course, every email, and every assignment to the course professor and then if that does not work, to the department head. If you have an official diagnosis I would bring that paperwork as well, especially if you are receiving accommodations of any sort in the classroom.

I am so sorry this is happening! It sounds terrible and frustrating. It sounds like you have worked hard, just there are other factors getting in the way. Schools should have policies to work with this. Tutors who can't teach or are having these kinds of issues with students should be subjected to some kind of policy to improve. I hope you can get everything work out!

What are you studying? Is your degree almost completed? Especially if you are at the end of your degree, your school will often work with you to get you graduated. You may have to go to a higher-up though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 12:18 pm

Is there anyone else involved in this conspiracy?

Can you prove it?