Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Maxima
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2010, 7:20 pm

I hate school and I skip it any chance I get. I recently had surgery and was out for 3 weeks and 2 days and I'm having so much trouble reajusting. My teachers intemidate me so badly; they don't even do anything to make me feel this way. I just get so worried about forgetting something and getting yelled at that I'm giving myself anxiety attacks. Anybody else?

aspiefeminist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Dec 2010, 12:27 am

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you are at least feeling somewhat better. I had a very similar experience. Unfortunately, in my case I wound up leaving school and I'm now taking time off. Fortunately for me though, my parents are incredibly supportive and helping me and are really mad at the school for being so unhelpful. Have you talked to anyone about how you are feeling or asked anyone (family member, friend, teacher, therapist, etc) for help?

twisted-transistor
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Dec 2010, 12:53 am

school is a real drag isn't it? i just finished my last year in secondary school and wonder how the hell i survived. just try to bear with it, and when possible, try and study and learn outside school in a more comfortable enviroment. of course, supportive parents will help with this (unlike mine sometimes)

Schala
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2010, 1:10 pm

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I've suffered crippling anxiety my entire life and hate to see that other people deal with it as well.
I don't have any practical advice, but if it helps just know that you aren't alone in feeling this way. Take things one day at a time.