Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 11:14 pm

I recently joined Toastmasters club and I also go to a group called CCF (Chinese Christian Fellowship). I have no interest in other clubs but I guess joining too much clubs causes trouble as it would take your time away from doing schoolwork.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:34 pm

I joined everything and attend zilch. I went to one skeptic soc meeting, it was okay, but quite socially awkward. I'm more of a seminar type person :(

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 8:55 pm

I'm currently a member of my school's Gay-Straight Alliance, although I haven't been to many of their meetings. I hope to be more active in it this upcoming semester.

I also wanted to join the Anime Club, but I don't think anybody could find a sponsor for it; hence, no Anime Club for now. :(

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 10:10 pm

I joined one about chickens (lol), like taking care of some baby chicks, but I ended up not going to it. This coming semester I'm joining a gay-straight alliance type thing and maybe another club too.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:37 pm

sign language club...sometimes

I used to be in track (9-11th grade)
I was in cross-country all throughout high school (9-12th grade)

I TRIED to start up an art club, but it didn't work

I wish i could have been in a drama one, but that would of conflicted with sports
Same with speech and debate...a lot of my friends joined it, and they said it took a LOAD of time....

Just join clubs you are interested in, and see what works for you

krzysz00
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2011, 10:28 pm

Chess club (It's only named that for hysterical raisins, though, it's more the Strategy Games Club (we mostly just play Settlers) (and I'm the only freshman regular, though))

ALso, the math UIL team.

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 4:30 pm

I am part of ACM (Association for Computing Machinary) and part of my local transgender group. In high school, I went to the Particle Physics Club, Telescope Operators Club, and Interact Club.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:39 pm

Most of the club choices at high school involve try-outs, which doesn't work very well if don't excel in anything that they have clubs for.

I did volleyball and basketball in grade 4. I liked volleyball OK, but not basketball.

I did shot put in grade 4 and 5.

I did this running club thing in grade 4.

I tried out for this distract-wide relay in grade 4, but didn't even come close to making it (I was the only one)

I tried out for long jump in grades 3-5, but didn't make it any year.

I tried out for high jump on grades 3-5, but only made it in grade 4.

I tried out for long distance running in track in grades 3-5, but didn't make it.

I started to do sprinting in grade 5, but quit because the drills were really intense.

I was a library monitor in grade 5.

This year, I wanted to join the photography club...........until I found out kids ran it.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 1:04 pm

None at all. In my entire life, I have never joined a club. Nor have I ever wanted to. Perhaps the jazz band. Perhaps not.

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:20 am

I have been a librarian for the duration of my secondary education.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:42 pm

Psychology club is the only one I attend semi-regularly, but I'm also a member of international club, women's rights club, and German club. I'm not a fan of clubs - they're not a good way for me to make friends, and for the most part they're more dedicated to chatting than meaningful discussion. I only join clubs because extracurriculars are practically mandatory. At least college clubs actually advertise where they meet and encourage membership, unlike the clique-y clubs in high school.

Julian94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2011, 10:03 pm

I haven't attended a school that had clubs, I'm in high school. I guess that's just the way it is in Norway.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 7:53 am

Same as above poster. Not an Scandinavian phenomena.

Nosirrom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 11:47 pm

Jazz club, photography club, ping pong club... I am all over the map.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 11:10 pm

Well not this semester and not my next one(as it is in the spring and my program co-ordinator is leaving before it is over so I assume he won't be running it) but in the autumn semester I'm looking at doing this public speaking seminar called toastmasters.